Grace Bible Church
Robert R. McLaughlin
Friday,September 1, 2017
Since God is invisible and the object of category one love, we must see and love Him through doctrine in the soul.
1Pe 1:8 and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe Him [His doctrine,
A pastor’s love for TLJC is manifested by how often he feeds the Lord’s sheep!
JER 3:15 “I will give you pastors after My own heart, who will feed you on knowledge and understanding.
JER 23:4 “I shall also raise up pastors over them and they will feed them; and they will not be afraid any longer, nor be terrified, nor will any be missing,” declares the Lord.
1. Category one love also sets up the standard for grace, Psa 119:132, Turn to me and be gracious to me, After Thy manner with those who love Thy name.
2. Category one love is also the basis for supergrace blessing, 1Co 2:9, Ps 37:4‑5.
1Co 2:9 but just as it is written, “Things which eye has not seen and ear has not heard, And which have not entered the heart of man, All that God has prepared for those who love Him.”
PSA 37:4-5, Delight yourself in the Lord; And He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, and He will do it.
3. Category one love is the basis for personal and national blessing, Deu 30:15‑20.
4. Category one love motivates combat courage and military victory, Jos 23:10‑11.
JOS 23:10-11; “One of your men puts to flight a thousand, for the Lord your God is He who fights for you, just as He promised you. “So take diligent heed to yourselves to love the Lord your God.
5. Category one love provides strength for adversity and pressure, Heb 11:27; Heb 11:27 By means of doctrine resident in the soul, Moses left Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king; for he endured, as seeing Him who is unseen.
There is a special curse on believers who fail to have category one love in 1Co 16:22, they are said to be “cursed until the Lord comes.”
1Co 16:22 If anyone does not love the Lord, let him be accursed. Maranatha.
Even witnessing must be motivated by category one love, 2Co 5:14 “The love of Christ motivates us.”
Rom 8:28 gives us the answer “And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love Him,
There is no love for God until there is an X amount of metabolized doctrine.
Love toward God then becomes a major issue.Not love for people but as we will see love for God.
There is no real divine love toward people until there is first, personal love toward God.
ROM 12:9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil; cling to what is good.
There has been a tremendous attack by the media, the fourth estate making an issue out of nationality and the color of one’s skin.
a. Familiarityb. Selfishness — Love for Self.
Flexibility = the freedom given to all members of the human race the right and the ability to reveal their love and worship toward God in their own unique way.
JOH 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,
Whether it’s impersonal love or personal love, the royal family honor code demands no hypocrisy or mendacity.
prin-When you start to love someone you have not seen, it’s because you have linked up with their thinking.
The pres-act-part of pisteuo which refers to believing doctrine or having it metabolized.
Answer: Bible doctrine, you believe the word of God!
“full of glory” is a reference to the spiritually sustained believer who reflects the glory of God with the structure in his soul.
How can you ever assume that loving God the Father, loving God the Son under occupation with Christ, and fellowship with the Holy Spirit be set aside for a lot of nonsense called “Christian fellowship” or social life with Christians?
You never put fellowship with visible people above your relationship or fellowship with God.
You cannot fulfill the #1 priority of fellowship with God simply by resolving to make God #1; it comes through the daily perception of Bible doctrine.
Christian fellowship is no substitute for learning Bible doctrine from whomever is your right pastor.
This is because spiritual growth and the execution of the PPOG and subsequent glorification of God only occurs through perception of doctrine, not through Christian fellowship.
1. Having personal love toward God is commanded, Deu 6:5, 10:12, Mar 12:30.
2. If you do not have Bible doctrine within, you cannot and do not have love for God, Joh 5:38-42.
3. If a believer really loves God, it will be manifested by his desire to hear God’s word, Joh 8:47.
4. If you love the Lord, you will guard and protect His doctrines in your soul, Joh 14:15.
5. It is doctrine abiding in Christians, not works, that reveals to the Father how much we love Him.
6. If you guard or keep God’s Word in you, God’s love will be in you, Joh 15:10.
7. Having God’s mind or Bible doctrine is that which produces God’s love, Phi 2:2
8. Keeping doctrine in the soul is the only way to love with God’s love, 1Jo 2:5.
9. Loving God is revealed by your impersonal unconditional love toward one another, 1Jo 4:7.
10. Loving God and His people can only come through knowledge of doctrine, 1JO 4:16-21.
11. Since God is invisible and the object of category one love, we must see and love Him through doctrine in the soul, 1Pe 1:8.
12. Category one love also sets up the standard for grace, Psa 119:132.
13. Category one love is also the basis for supergrace blessing, 1Co 2:9, Ps 37:4‑5.
14. Category one love is the basis for personal and national blessing, Deu 30:15‑20.
15. Category one love motivates combat courage and military victory, Jos 23:10‑11.
16. Category one love provides strength for adversity and pressure, Heb 11:27.
17. There is a special curse on believers who fail to have category one love in 1Co 16:22, they are said to be “cursed until the Lord comes.”
18. Even witnessing must be motivated by category one love, 2Co 5:14 “The love of Christ motivates us.”