Grace Bible Church
Robert R. McLaughlin
Sunday,April 9, 2017
a. Some of these things have already happened.
b. Some are happening.
c. Some have yet to happen but I believe they will.
1. The Church will think that it is being blessed and prosperous because this year will be more prosperous than any other year since the beginning of the Millennium.
2. There will be more trouble in the Middle East than ever before, especially in Turkey and Saudi Arabia and Syria.
3. The U.S.A. and Russian peace treaties will become null and void and be useless and our so-called ties will be meaningless and cause fear among the people.
4. The relationship between Russia and the USA will drastically change—–not for the good — this is presently happening.
5. Then Israel (Jerusalem), will be forced to try and enter into a Peace Treaty with Palestine, which they will both reject and blame each other with Israel being blamed and condemned most of all by the by the United Nations.
6. The USA will make plans or become forced to make plans to move its embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem and Jordan will lead in the condemnation of the United States for doing so.
7. 2017 will be a year of political assassinations.
We noted the difference between the two spies who brought back a positive report concerning the enemies in the promise land and the 10 spies who brought a negative report.
The differences between those believers who believe and receive the positive reports and those who believe and receive the negative reports.
The Exodus congregation relied on the 10 spies and their bad report rather than on Caleb and Joshua and their doctrinal view.
They did confirm one thing, they knew the doctrine but the majority of them simply did not believe in the doctrine.
They knew the promises of God concerning the land, but knowing the promises and applying the promises are two different things.
1. The people who live in the land are strong. How do they know that?They didn’t fight them! – They were going by sight!
2. The second fear, the cities are fortified and very large.The places that they live are two overwhelming and too big for us!Again an evaluation based on sight.
3. We saw the descendants of Anak (giants) there.Another evaluation based upon sight.
Living by sight instead of by faith is one of the easiest ways for a believer to be deceived.
Living by sight produces insecurity and doubt as in Num 13:33.
2Co 5:7, For we walk by faith, not by sight‑‑
One of the results of N.V.T.D. is to live in fear and become mentally disturbed because of what sight says.Psa 73:3 For I was envious of the arrogant, as I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
We are told that the children of Israel saw the wonderful works of the Lord for 40 years, yet seeing is useless without doctrinal perception.
Living by sight also causes us to make wrong evaluations toward people.
Eliphaz wrongly evaluated what Job was going through when Job was suffering to glorify God.
Job 4:8 “According to what I have seen, those who plow iniquity and those who sow trouble harvest it.
By sight what appeared to be divine discipline was in reality divine blessing.
In 2Co 4:18, the apostle Paul said, While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
1Sa 16:7b For God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”
Joh 7:24 “Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.”
Living by sight and appearances is simple the thinking and the viewpoint of the current day Pharisees and self-righteous peasants; Mat 23:27-28.
Pro 14:14 There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.
Some believe that they (Amalek) were descendants of Esau and therefore very angry at Israel who was named after
Esau’s brother, Jacob.
The Hittites were the remnant of one of the great empires in the ancient world.
The Jebusites were never conquered and that was one of the great disasters that overtook the country.
The Amorites conquered the Jews because of their failure to learn Bible doctrine.
The Canaanites lived by the sea and we a constant problem for the Jews.
The reason is that the majority is the non-thinking part of the group in many cases.
In Exo 14:11-12, the majority complained that Moses had brought them out from Egypt to kill them in the wilderness!
In Num 13:31 the multitude of spies said, “We are not able to go up against the people, for they are too strong for us.”, the majority of the spies said this!
In Num 11:30, “Caleb said, we shall by all means go up and take possession of it, for we shall surely overcome it.”
In Mat 27:20 the majority of the religious crowd “persuaded the majority of the people to ask for Barabbas to be released rather than TLJC.”
In Mat 27:22-23, the multitude said, “Let Him be crucified!”The reason why he had to silence them is because hysteria and operation cry baby was about to begin.
Caleb speaks emphatically and with confidence.
He knew his mechanics and he had the spiritual strength to believe in the midst of the greatest difficulties.
Caleb looked at the land of Canaan from the divine viewpoint!