Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
The Abrahamic Covenant. Part 1.
Wednesday, April 10, 2002
Abram -the father of high places; a worshipper of the moon god, Allah.
Abram = father of high and windy places.
The father of nothing is going to become the father of something.
Hithpael perfect - parah = sexual prosperity.
EPH 3:20 Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us,
2. Only the grace of God can turn cursing into blessing - the justice of God must be free to act before cursing can be turned into blessing.
GEN 17:1b Continue to advance under My supervision maintain spiritual maturity.
3. Abram goes from the father of nothing to the father of many through Gods grace.
4. Apart from the adjustment to the justice of God, there is no possibility of justice fulfilling justice in grace blessing.
5. Only through grace is the justice of God free to provide the blessing and turn the cursing into blessing.
6. Man can only turn cursing into cursing; only God can turn cursing into blessing.
7. As long as man tries to solve his problems by his own thinking, talent, abilities, powers, and schemes, cursing is added to cursing; hopelessness is intensified.
8. Doctrine causes you to evaluate reality in terms of hopelessness so that the justice of God is free to solve the problem.
9. As long as Abram tried to solve his own problem, the whirlwind merely intensified, and during those thirteen silent years, he stopped trying and God took over.
10. This aspect of the Abrahamic covenant reflects Abrams advance to ultra supergrace through the spiritual momentum of constant function of gap as provided for Abram.
PHI 3:1 Finally, my brethren, keep on having inner happiness in the Lord. On the one hand, to be writing the same doctrines to you is not troublesome to me, while on the other hand, it is a safeguard or a basis of security for you.
Point 1. Definition and Description.
The Abrahamic covenant is an unconditional covenant between God as party of the first part in favor of Abraham and his progeny as the party of the second part.
The source of this blessing to Abraham and his descendants is not any merit in Abraham, but Abrahams adjustment to the justice of God and the fact that God is pleased.
Point 2. The Original Declaration of the Covenant, GEN 12:1-3.
Verse 1 = Abrahams necessary isolation and separation from Ur, the development of the new race, and the development of his spiritual advance, plus separation from his family to avoid personal distraction.
Verse two - Abrahams logistical grace support necessary to fulfill this promise.
All four categories of blessing were given for the encouragement of his momentum, and in anticipation of his reaching maturity and historical impact.
a. Blessing by association. b. A curse on anti-Semitism. c. Messianic blessing clause.
Point 3. The Land Promise in the Abrahamic Covenant, GEN 13:14-16.
During the Millennium, the land of Israel will extend from Turkey to Syria in the north, west to the Mediterranean Sea, south to East Africa, to include all of Saudi Arabia, and east to the Euphrates River.
Until the Second Advent, the Jews only attain land by the principle of seizing and holding, a military principle found in divine institution #4.
David had the largest amount of land by conquering the indigenous population of the Jebusites.
Point 4. The covenant was confirmed to Isaac, GEN 26:3-4.
Point 5. The covenant was confirmed to Abrahams grandson Jacob, GEN 35:12.
Point 6. The covenant was confirmed at the time of the Exodus, EXO 6:2-8.
God Almighty - El Shaddai = the many-breasted God, referring to His many grace provisions.
Point 9. Amplification of the Covenant is also given after Abraham Passes Momentum Testing, GEN 22:17-24.