Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
The Abrahamic Covenant. Part 14. Abraham never loses sight of the Giver and that is why he is called a friend of God.
Sunday, April 28, 2002
There isnt a lot of pressure here because between Abraham and the pressure is God the Giver, and Abraham knows that hes not going to lose the Giver.
Abraham never loses sight of the Giver, and that is why he is called a friend of God.
1CH 29:14 “But who am I and who are my people that we should be able to offer as generously as this? For all things come from Thee, and from Thy hand we have given Thee.”
1CO 4:7 For who regards you as superior? And what do you have that you did not receive? But if you did receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?
PSA 119:165 Those who love Your doctrine have great peace, And nothing causes them to stumble.
HEB 13:5 Be content with what you have; for He Himself has said, “I will never no never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you,”
Wisdom is not in questioning the order and analyzing the order, wisdom is in knowing the One who gave the order and obeying it.
will provide - Qal imperfect - raah = seeing; to perceive.
The one who is really going to go on that sacred altar someday is the beloved Son of Elohim, TLJC.
Abraham believes that Elohim has provided a sacrifice for this altar and that is Abrahams son Isaac, Abrahams beloved son.
LUK 22:42 “Yet not My will, but Thine be done.”
1. The sacrifice is Gods business not ours.
2. For the mature believer, the issue is always what the Lord thinks, what the Lord says - the Lord is always the issue.
3. Since God is to be the judge, God must select the sacrifice. In a burnt offering God judges the offering; a sweet smell, Lev 1, means the offering was acceptable to God.
4. The sacrifice must be perfect to receive the transfer of our sins to Himself and the subsequent judgment of those sins.
5. The innocent lamb represents the impeccable lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.
6. Elohim will provide the lamb - God the Father will provide the lamb, the unique Son of God. JOH 1:29“Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!”
No matter how smart people get, smartness is no good, high I.Q. is no good unless it has authority!
The smartest people in the world are often the dumbest people in the world! Illustration: Satan!
The reality of their brilliance becomes too great a reality and they reject authority when they think that know better than authority.
Great potential is no good unless it is placed under authority and trained and tested there.
Authority is the test for wisdom, ability, success, capacity.
together again - jachdaw = they were in harmony, together; united for a mutual purpose.
The grace of the cross is the basis for the principle of harmony among believers.
2CO 5:16 Therefore from now on we recognize no man according to the flesh;
When believers have a mutual authority, Bible doctrine and the justice of God, then true unity can exist.
PHI 2:2 make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose.
ROM 12:16 Be of the same mind toward one another; do not be haughty in mind, but associate with the lowly. Do not be wise in your own estimation.
ROM 15:5 Now may the God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus;
1CO 1:10 Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all agree, and there be no divisions among you, but you be made complete in the same mind and in the same judgment.
1. Only God can provide or supply what will satisfy Himself.
2. In our relationship with grace, God has all the rights and we have none!
3. As with salvation so with the entire plan of God, we are not consulted as to what pleases us, our responsibility is to enter into what pleases God.
4. Only grace function pleases God as faith in salvation, confessing of sin or rebound, or grace perception in the function of P.M.A. of Bible doctrine.
5. God devises the plan, and we can only advance in perfect harmony to do His will.
6. It is impossible for harmony to exist among believers when some of the believers have rejected doctrine and are not adjusted to the justice of God.
7. Harmony among believers - any group all walking in the same direction, going up the hill together = P.V.T.D.
Robert R. McLaughlin All Rights Reserved 2002