Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
The Abrahamic Covenant, Part 15. The lamb was not only provided by God but it was provided for God.
Wednesday, May 1, 2002
The “lamb” was not only provided by God, but it was provided for God.
God is the One Who would “provide” the “lamb,” and the lamb was for Himself.
Christ died for sinners, but He first died for God the Father.
PHI 2:8 In fact, although having been discovered in outward appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of spiritual death, that is the death of the cross.
HEB 5:8 Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from the things which He suffered.
Turn to Rom 3
It is not “God Himself will provide a lamb” but “God will provide for Himself a lamb.”
PSA 23:3 He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His names sake.
PSA 25:11 For Thy names sake, O Lord, Pardon my iniquity, for it is great.
PSA 143:11 For the sake of Thy name, O Lord, revive me. In Thy righteousness bring my soul out of trouble.
Turn to EZE 20:1
It is the epitome of spiritual growth to do the will of God regardless of how it appears to us.
If we are adjusted to the justice of God through the three stages, salvation, rebound, and spiritual growth, then the justice of God can do nothing but bless us.
the place - el-hammaqom - “to the place” = only one place where this could be done.
There is only one place to be - where the sacrifice or the substitute will be located.
HEB 10:25 “Not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some.”
2. Davids real problems began by being in the wrong geographical location, operation Bathsheba, 2SA 11:1.
2SA 11:1 Then it happened in the spring, at the time when kings go out to battle, that David sent Joab and his servants with him and all Israel, and they destroyed the sons of Ammon and besieged Rabbah. But David stayed at Jerusalem.
3. Many times a geographical change is necessary for spiritual growth.
4. In the life of Abraham, the change of geographical location was the basis for separating Abraham from his family and relatives.
5. If believers are doing what God wants them to do, then they will eventually wind up in the place where God wants them to be.
6. While Abraham was in Haran there was no divine revelation.
7. There are environments and human associations which are detrimental, hazardous, to the concentration of the word of God.
There is only one place to be - the place where the provision is, the place of wisdom.
Obedience means recognition of divine authority and response to it.
The key is the place - el-hammaqom = a specific place where God wanted the burnt offering.
Robert R. McLaughlin All Rights Reserved 2002