Grace Bible Church
Robert R. McLaughlin
How to Access Your Escrow Blessings!
First of all, we get the principle of escrow in EPH 1:3-4, Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before Him.
I use to call it an “eternal savings account” but because most doctrinal ministries call it an escrow account I changed the vocabulary from an eternal savings account to escrow blessings.
It begins with the adjective eulogetos which means “worthy of praise and glorification.”
It is a technical word, one of the high words of praise used only for God which means “super praise.”
- An escrow refers to having a capacity where you begin to appreciate the fact that the members of the Trinity are worthy of praise and glorification and that the capacity for this comes from what the Father has provided by way of spiritual food in eternity past.
- When you realize that people can appreciate who and what God is, this in itself is almost miraculous inasmuch as God is invisible and that God is a great distance away as far as the residence of heaven is concerned.
- God cannot be understood where spiritual death is concerned and we were born spiritually dead (therefore no fellowship, no relationship, no ability to comprehend God).
- You cannot glorify God or praise God or appreciate God or have capacity to love God apart from Bible doctrine.
This passage means to provide benefits and blessings.
- The main verb is found in verse 4 which says “he hath chosen us.”
- Notice what comes first. The blessing comes before the person. Before He chose us He provided the blessing first because the blessing was based upon His perfect essence.
- While people can be a blessing to us in time only God can be a blessing to us in eternity past before we existed.
He provided us the benefits and then He provided us.
- The main principle: The plan would not be perfect if anything depended upon man and nothing does.
Grace blessing preexisted all believers.
The blessing came first, therefore you had nothing to do with the blessing, you were just there; it preexisted you.
- Since the blessing of the believer existed before the believer it is impossible for such blessing to be based on human merit or human ability.
- Since the aorist tense represents occurrence not related to time God the Father blessed us or provided benefits for us in eternity past before we were born, before man existed, before angels existed.
In eternity past God the Father provided grace benefits for us which we could not earn or deserve, and these are benefits that belong to us on the basis of who and what He is.
While people can be a blessing to us in time only God can be a blessing to us before time existed in eternity past.
If man could do anything to earn or deserve in God’s plan then the plan is no stronger than man. If anything depended upon man (and nothing does) then all grace blessing is gone.
Since the blessing of the believer existed before the believer it is impossible for such blessing to be based on human merit or human ability.
Since God is a spirit benefits which come from God must be spiritual. God is a spirit, God is perfect, what He gives you is spiritual.
Worthy of praise and glorification the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the one having provided us benefits by every spiritual blessing in the heavenlies in Christ.
And so we begin our study with a principle and that is whenever we understand that one of the many benefits of living in our escrow account is that God has provided just for you the privilege of ridding your soul of the garbage that it has stored up throughout the years.
All of us have stored up or accumulated garbage in our soul, especially in the subconscious of our soul where things take residence without us knowing they are.
It is inevitable, since we all have sin natures and we live in the devil’s world, that we will have problems in certain parts of our soul where we are not wholly or fully conscious of all the things that are there.
MAR 7:18-23, And He said to them, “Are you so lacking in understanding also? Do you not understand that whatever goes into the man from outside cannot defile him; because it does not go into his heart, but into his stomach, and is eliminated? “(Thus He declared all foods clean.) And He was saying, “That which proceeds out of the man, that is what defiles the man. “For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries, deeds of coveting and wickedness, as well as deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride and foolishness. All these evil things proceed from within and defile the man.”
Allowing the spiritual transformation which cleans out the garbage in the soul is one of the many benefits of living the spiritual life that God has provided just for you is to rid your soul of the garbage it has stored up throughout the years.
All of us have stored or accumulated garbage in our soul, especially in the subconscious.
The subconscious is the location for garbage, known in psychology as dissociation or repressed thoughts and emotions which are also related to arrogance and other complexes of sins.
And garbage in soul causes insecurity, doubts, fears, instability, uncertainty and anxiety.
It all begins with no mental strength or a loss of mental strength.
It could be from too much pressure at one time in your life.
It could be because of a traumatic experience such as child abuse.
The point is that whenever the mental strength which holds the mind and the heart together becomes deficient from things like fatigue, stress, or shock, it results in psychoneurosis.