Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
“Adam where are you?”.
Sunday, December 27, 2009
The Lord called out to fallen man, which gives us the first mention principle for man’s trouble, depravity, and isolation from God – the Word from God.
This was the first act of grace to the human race – God calling out to fallen man – the Word of God.
It was already decided in God’s infinite decree in eternity past that God the Son would become a man and judge the OSN in Himself on behalf of man at the cross.
The calling out of God is the word of God and therefore the word of God is the first act of grace to fallen man. In essence the question of where are you is the gospel.
Adam could hear that call and so God has given us ears to listen and ear has great significance in relation to doctrine in the word of God.
1. Ears are used to indicate the function of GAP — Revelation 2:7,11,17,29; 3:6, 13, 22; Proverbs 18:15; JOB 34:1-3. The ear is used for the principle of concentration. You must concentrate on the teaching of the Word of God.
Prov 18:15 The mind of the prudent acquires knowledge,
And the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.
JOB 34:1-3 Then Elihu continued and said, “Hear my words, you wise men, And listen to me, you who know. “For the ear tests words, As the palate tastes food.
2. Ears are used for supergrace dedication — Psalm 40:6; Exodus 21:6; Deuteronomy 15:17.
Ps 40:6 Sacrifice and meal offering Thou hast not desired; My ears Thou hast opened;
Burnt offering and sin offering Thou hast not required.
In other words, you pierce your ear to the extent that your volition says on a daily basis, I love the Word of God, I want the Word of God, it is more important to me than anything else, it is the only way that I will ever share the divine viewpoint of the value of Jesus Christ.
3. The ear is used for negative volition toward doctrine in the reversionist — Jeremiah 6:10.
To whom shall I speak and give warning,
That they may hear?
Behold, their ears are closed,
And they cannot listen.
Behold, the word of the Lord has become a reproach to them;
They have no delight in it.
4. The ear is used to portray reversionism leading to the fifth cycle of discipline — Isaiah 6:10.
5. The ear was part of the consecration of the priest — Exodus 29:20; Leviticus 8:23. Blood on the right ear indicated the function of the priesthood in teaching the written Word or communicating it through shadow ritual.
6. A healed leper had blood placed on the ear to indicate the importance of doctrine in the solution of life’s problems — Leviticus 14:14.
7. David describes the ear in the sense of an anthropomorphism, i.e. God is said to have ears, and this is used in reversion recovery — Psalm 34:15,17.
Ps 34:15 The eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous, And His ears are open to their cry.
God made the corrections in response to Adam’s deceit, corrected that deceit with doctrine, and through grace covered Adam properly with a symbol of TLJC – animal skin from sacrifice.
Firsts of the Human Race
1. Genesis 2:9, First Test for Volition: One tree. Negative volition was the only way man could sin in innocence.
2. Genesis 2:17, First Warning: “Dying (spiritually) thou shalt surely die (physically)” as an end result of spiritual death.
3. Genesis 3:1-5, First Temptation: Satan appeals to their ego and maligns God.
4. Genesis 3:6, First Sin: Sin of negative volition. Both were guilty but there was a difference. Eve was deceived; Adam deliberately sinned. 1 Timothy 2:14.
5. Genesis 3:7-8, First Result of the First Sin: Adam died spiritually (no fellowship with God). Man’s pseudo righteousness cannot have fellowship with God’s perfect righteousness. Adam acquired an old sin nature, bringing into the realm of existence an old sin nature.
6. Genesis 3:7, First Act of Legalism: Man attempting to solve man’s problems by his own works sewed fig leaves together. Man feared God because spiritual death separated them from God. Isaiah 59:2.
ISA 59:2 But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, And your sins have hidden His face from you, so that He does not hear.
7. Genesis 3:9, First Act of Grace: God spoke to them FIRST. He “called unto Adam.’ Adam was head of the human race. God knew where Adam was (OS, OP) and didn’t need to call.
8. Genesis 3:15, First Declaration of Salvation: Jesus Christ is the Seed of the Woman. (Descendent).
9. Genesis 3:21, First salvation for the human race: “Lord God made coats of skin.” God did the work. Coats of skin were obtained by the shedding of blood. Hebrews 9:22; 1 Peter 1:18, 19.
HEB 9:22 And according to the Law, one may almost say, all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.
“and clothed them”: They were spiritually dead – naked being covered with the OSN and no fellowship with God. “clothed”: God’s perfect R was imputed to them. Isaiah 61:10.
a) Good versus Good: (Human good versus Divine good)
b) Coats of skin versus fig leaves (God’s solution versus man’s solution).