Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
The Angelic Conflict. Part 1. Definition and Description.
Wednesday, November 16, 2005
1. Verse 18 - because the kosmos system hates Christ.
2. Once a person is in the plan of God, as a believer priest, they no longer belong to the world.
3. Verse 20 - the slave is not greater than His master.
4. JOH 15:21 - the kosmos is ignorant of the plan of God.
5. Because their old sin nature is exposed.
6. JOH 15:23-24 - the world hates God the Son and therefore they hate God the Father Who sent Him.
1CO 2:14 But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.
Pres-act-ind - this same intense verb for hate means that they keep on doing it.
The Lord said, “My Father is the author of the divine plan, and since God the Father sent God the Son, hatred of the Son is hatred of the Father.”
These miracles were not designed to alleviate suffering, but they were designed to reveal Christ as Savior, and the Father’s plan of grace.
7. Verse 25 - the world hates the believer because the Old Testament prophesied it.
PSA 35:19 Do not let those who are wrongfully my enemies rejoice over me; Neither let those who hate me without cause wink maliciously.
PSA 69:4 Those who hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of my head; Those who would destroy me are powerful, being wrongfully my enemies,
One of His primary functions is the communication of doctrine, so that we will have from residual doctrine in the soul, an edification structure whereby we can stand up against the pressure and antagonism of the Cosmos.
The ministry of God the Holy Spirit will terminate at the Rapture, 2TH 2:7, For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way.
The Holy Spirit comes for the first time on the day of Pentecost in 30 AD, when the Church-age began, and when the Church is raptured, this ministry of the Holy Spirit will go up with the church.
The second witness is the believer himself, verse 27, in the ambassadorship of the believer.
They have been with Him from the beginning of His earthly ministry, and when the Church-age begins, they will bear witness, and this witnessing principle has been perpetuated from the disciples who became apostles right down to us today.
1. The ministry of the Holy Spirit.
2. The witness of the Gospel through the individual believer.
This chapter continues on the study of the angelic conflict from the standpoint of the ministry of the Holy Spirit in verses 1-15, and the ministry of God the Son in verses 16-33.
TLJC is anticipating the coming of the Church-age, the dispensation in which He is glorified at the right hand of God the Father, absent from the earth, the dispensation in which the intensification of the angelic conflict begins