Grace Bible Church
Pastor Robert R. McLaughlin
Thursday November 8, 2018
Pastor Rick Bettez.
Cain would have been the first demonic, influenced (possessed) individual before the flood who established a standard and system that would oppose God.
Some believe Cain was considered the first sun god…or ancient weather god, others say he formed a cult movement of the worship of the serpent as a direct opposition to the one true God.
Nimrod- (rebellion) the son of Cush, grandson of Ham, and great grandson of Noah; a mighty hunter, he established an empire in the area of Babylon and Assyria. He had a reputation of brutality, as well as an insatiable lust for power and sexual conquests.
Gen 9:22 Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brothers outside.
This term in Hebrew implies a sexual content and has a few distinct definitions that scholars differ on concerning what happened.
Gilgamesh is Nimrod – Gilgamesh was considered an ancient god-man who was brutal and hostile toward any other worship of God other than himself. He was known to rape and pillage as he established his cities. Described as a giant, powerful hunter of men.
Gen 10:5 From these the coastlands of the nations
were separated into their lands, every one according to his language, according to their families, into their nations.
Gen 6:4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.
Gibbowr – (mighty) meaning strength of leadership, strength in size (giant) or a powerful, valiant warrior. Often used for physical superiority.
Gen 11:1 Now the whole earth used the same language and the same words. 2 It came about as they journeyed east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar and settled there.
Gen 11:7 Come, let Us go down there and confuse their language, so that they will not understand one another’s speech.” 8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from there over the face of the whole earth; and they stopped building the city.
Nimrod would have to have had great authority, great influence and almost supernatural powers to bring everyone together to build the Tower of Babel.
It is believed that Abraham’s father Terah was a servant or follower of Nimrod. Also that Terah hid his son Abram from Nimrod because Nimrod was told an heir to his throne was on the horizon and Nimrod began ordering male babies to be sacrificed.
‘Ethba`al (BAAL)- Jezebel’s father, king of Sidon also noted as having held power in Tyre because he assassinated the former king. He was deeply entrenched in false idols, the worship of BAAL, the sexual cults & human sacrifice aspects of idolatry.
What we practice and believe today will not only determine who we become in the near future, it can have a lasting effect on those closest to us (family & friends).
1Kin 18:4 For it was so, when Jezebel cut off the prophets of the LORD, that Obadiah took a hundred prophets, and hid them by fifty in a cave, and fed them with bread and water.
- Discredit / undermine God. Diminishing the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Idol worship, anything that we become infatuated to the point of distracting us away from God.
- Drug addiction. Addiction in any form means the person has given themselves over to something heart & soul.
- Phallic cult (perversions). Anything in the sexual realm outside of the marriage of one man and one woman.
- Religious experiences or pseudo spirituality. Man-made forms of worship & rituals that promise inner peace and divine wisdom outside of the word of God.Isa 8:19 When they say to you, “Consult the mediums and the spiritists who whisper and mutter,” should not a people consult their God? Should they consult the dead on behalf of the living?1Kin 18:21 Elijah came near to all the people and said, “How long will you hesitate between two opinions? If the LORD is God, follow Him; but if Baal, follow him.” But the people did not answer him a word.1Kin 18:24 And he said, “Fill four pitchers with water and pour it on the burnt offering and on the wood.” And he said, “Do it a second time,” and they did it a second time. And he said, “Do it a third time,” and they did it a third time.1Kin 28:7 Jezebel his wife said to him, “Do you now reign over Israel? Arise, eat bread, and let your heart be joyful; I will give you the vineyard of Naboth the Jezreelite.”Pro 19:5 A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who tells lies will not escape.Mat 15:19 “For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders.
Jezebel was the authority in her marriage, which was due to Ahab’s weakness and also she had enticed him into a demonic cult that had destroyed his values and drained his masculinity.
The phallic cult has many tentacles and the false gods of Baal & Ashtaroth had consumed the people of Sidon where Jezebel grew up and she was fully possessed by the demonic force behind these false gods.
Jer 32:35 “They built the high places of Baal that are in the valley of Ben-hinnom to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire to Molech, which I had not commanded them nor had it entered My mind that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.
2Chr 33:6 He made his sons pass through the fire in the valley of Ben-hinnom; and he practiced witchcraft, used divination, practiced sorcery and dealt with mediums and spiritists. He did much evil in the sight of the LORD, provoking Him to anger.
Psa 106:37 They even sacrificed their sons and their daughters to the demons, 38 and shed innocent blood, the blood of their sons and their daughters, whom they sacrificed to the idols of Canaan; and the land was polluted with the blood.
Eze 16:20 “Moreover, you took your sons and daughters whom you had borne to Me and sacrificed them to idols to be devoured. Were your harlotries so small a matter? 21 “You slaughtered My children and offered them up to idols by causing them to pass through the fire.
Lev 20:2 “You shall also say to the sons of Israel: ‘Any man from the sons of Israel or from the aliens sojourning in Israel who gives any of his offspring to Molech, shall surely be put to death; the people of the land shall stone him with stones.
1Kin 11:33 because they have forsaken Me, and have worshiped Ashtoreth the goddess of the Sidonians, Chemosh the god of Moab, and Milcom the god of the sons of Ammon; and they have not walked in My ways, doing what is right in My sight and observing My statutes and My ordinances, as his father David did.
Remaining inside the PPOG is the only source of comfort, truth and protection the human race has until the 2nd Advent of Christ.
2Thes 2:8 Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; 9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders,