Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
Beelzebub, the head of a great demon organization which practices signs and wonders and miracles of healing. Part 18.
Tuesday, October 29, 2002
The second category of fallen angels under the command of Satan are called the functional angels.
One of Satans most powerful angels in the non-operational category - Abaddon in the Hebrew or Apollyon in the Greek.
Beelzebub deals in the realm of deceit whereas Apollyon deals in the realm of the military.
Beelzebub is the head of a great demon organization which practices signs and wonders and miracles of healing.
1. Physiologically-induced illness is related to the functions of the body. 2. Mentally-induced [psychosomatic] illness. 3. Demon-induced illness.
Certain forms of demon possession cause illness, so that when the victim goes to a so-called divine healer, Beelzebub orders the demons to withdraw, and there is an instant and real cure.
People think that the divine healer has great power and must be from God and then they listen to the false doctrine from the fake healer.
Turn to EPH 6:12
The Third demon assault army, commanded by Satan himself, is operational at this time and they reside in heaven. They will attack upon the sounding of the seventh trumpet, REV 11:15-12:17 - the greatest wave of anti-Semitism the world has ever known.
It will be defeated by the angelic order of battle led by Michael the archangel, REV 12:7-8.
Archas - a*rcav" - rulers = the highest ranking demons in Satans organization, such as Abaddon or Apollyon and Beelzebub.
Exousias - e*xousiva" - powers = demon officers who have phenomenal authority.
Kosmokratoras - kosmokravtora" - world forces = Satans demon ambassadors who control many of the rulers of this world.
Pneumatika poneerias - pneumatikaV ponhriva" = the spiritual forces of evil in the atmosphere around the earth, the stellar universe, and in the presence of God to represent Satan.
Turn to 1Ti 4:
1. During the Church-age, demon attacks on the unbeliever are limited to two categories: Demon possession or demon influence in which demon doctrines enter the soul of the unbeliever.
2. During the Church-age, demon attacks on believers are limited to demon influence, in which the doctrine of demons invades the right lobe of the soul.
Negative volition toward doctrine creates a vacuum in the soul which sucks in all the false concepts that Satan has developed for you to be distracted from the plan of God.
Cosmic thinking or worldly thinking includes the doctrine of demons and involvement in the cosmic system.
2CO 2:11 “That no advantage be taken of us by Satan, for we are not ignorant of his strategies.”
Why is the devil allowed to have strategies and schemes of deception?
Because we are involved in a conflict between two kingdoms and both kingdoms are after your soul!
Satans offensive action demands, on our part, dependence on the Lord and the wall of fire.
1. EPH 4:27 - a command for defensive action.
Opportunity - topon - tovpon = a place or a room in your soul.
GAL 5:9 A little leaven leavens the whole lump of dough.
Why doesnt God just say, “Dont worry I wont let you be deceived, Ill kill the devil?”
Because we are in a conflict.
2. EPH 6:13 - a command for defensive action.
3. JAM 4:7 is a command for defensive action - “Hold your ground against the devil and he will flee from you.”
2JO 1:8 Watch yourselves, that you might not lose what we have accomplished [your momentum and your spiritual growth], but that you may receive a full reward [the imputation of your escrow blessings in time and eternity].
4. 1PE 5:8-9 “Be sober minded or attain spiritual self-esteem, be alert, your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for some believer to devour; therefore, hold your ground against him by standing firm in doctrine.”
Robert R. McLaughlin All Rights Reserved 2002