Grace Bible Church
Robert R. McLaughlin
July 25, 2018
How and why the believer should give things over to the Supreme Court of Heaven.
Rather than trying to solve certain problems on our own, we need to give certain situations over to the Lord and allow Him to function as our lawyer or advocate; 1Jo 2:1.
Don’t burn out; keep yourselves fueled and ready for anything the Lord brings your way.
ROM 12:12 rejoicing in hope (H2 and H3 = which refers to confidence regarding blessings in the time and confidence regarding blessings and rewards in the Eternal state).
Make sure that you realize that hope is confident anticipation of reality before that reality occurs.
“as far as it depends on you” = there are some people who you can do everything in the world for but they will not accept anything you say or do as a basis for reconciliation and forgiveness because they are implacable people.
PRO 6:32 The one who commits adultery with a woman is lacking sense; He who would destroy himself does it.
PRO 6:33-34, Wounds and disgrace he will find, And his reproach will not be blotted out. For jealousy enrages a man, And he will not spare in the day of vengeance.
PRO 6:35 He will not accept any ransom, Nor will he be content though you give many gifts.
ROM 12:19 Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God [or leave room that is for the Supreme Court of heaven, not man’s wrath but the Lord’s wrath].
The apostle Paul quotes the Torah or the book of Leviticus when he says, for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.
We should always strive not to be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
This is one of the ways we are restored back to fellowship with the Lord because if we do not forgive others we will not be forgiven experientially for our sins from the Lord.
Mat 6:14-15, “For if you forgive men for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions.”
Pro 24:28-29, Do not be a witness against your neighbor without cause, And do not deceive with your lips. Do not say, “Thus I shall do to him as he has done to me; I will render to the man according to his work.”
Payback is so much better when God does it rather than man.
The prophet Gad gave King David a choice as to who David wants to handle the discipline for his disobedience or his lack of faith by telling Joab to count how many soldiers King David has to fight the enemy.
2SA 24:14 Then David said to Gad, “I am in great distress. Let us now fall into the hand of the Lord for His mercies are great, but do not let me fall into the hand of man.”
The greatest problems that we will face has been ordained by God for us to go through these situations with the motivation being your love for God.
Knowing the fact that God has omniscience is very comforting to the believer who truly loves God.
- Omniscience tells us that we were known by God in eternity past.
2. Foreknowledge tells us that we were given a personal sense of destiny in the mind of God in eternity past.
3. Predestination tells us that we were in the plan of God in eternity past.
Point 1, the introduction to our doctrine of the Supreme Court of Heaven we also need to summarize the function of the supreme court of heaven by God, for us.
- Divine integrity or holiness, which is composed of God’s justice and righteousness are the foundation of His throne; Psa 89:14 Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Thy throne; Lovingkindness and truth go before Thee.
- Omniscience, which means that all of the three judges have known all of the facts of every case from eternity past.
ISA 65:24 “It will also come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear.
- The third attribute needed to understand is sovereignty, which means that the decisions rendered by the court come from perfect, eternal, incorruptible, divine volition.
Sovereignty means that God is supreme in rule and has authority over all things and there is no higher authority in the universe than God; Deu 4:39.
Deu 4:39 know therefore today, and take it to your heart, that the Lord, He is God in heaven above and on the earth below; there is no other.
He protectively cares for His faithful friends, step by step, but leaves the wicked to stumble in the dark. No one makes it in this life by human muscle!
God’s enemies will literally be blasted out of the sky, crashed in a heap and burned.
- The fourth pertinent attribute of divine essence related to the function of the supreme court of heaven is omnipotence, which means that all three members of the court have the power to execute all sentences, all judgments of the court.
The only thing that hinders a judgment from being carried out is that a believer gets in the way through reaction, seeking revenge, arrogance sins, emotional sins, lust to hurt others.
All these principles mentioned so far in our study are just the beginning of God’s love for both the natural and the spiritual realm.
- First of all we learn that God can take any type of evil situation and convert it into divine good.
Gen 50:20, and as for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good.
- Whenever someone tries to curse or destroy another believer, the Lord will turn the curse into a blessing when the believer operates in the F.R.D.
Deu 23:5 the Lord your God turned the curse into a blessing for you because the Lord your God loves you.
- The Bible teaches that even when evil comes against you, the Lord can turn it into a blessing, providing that you operate in the F.R.D. and let Him handle the situation.
Deu 32:41 if I sharpen My flashing sword, and My hand takes hold on justice, I will render vengeance on My adversaries, and I will repay those who hate Me.
- The believer does not have to fight and defend himself, God will do that for the believer who operates in the F.R.D.
2Th 1:6 for after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you,
- The believer is told stop being anxious and worried and let God handle any unjust and unfair situation, in Isa 35:4.
Isa 35:4 say to those with anxious heart, “take courage, fear not. Behold, your God will come with vengeance; the recompense of God will come, and He will deliver you.”
- We are commanded never to take revenge on anyone for anything, Rom 12:19.
Rom 12:19 Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, “vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.
- If you are being mistreated in any situation, do not lift up your hand against another person, 1Sa 24:12.
1Sa 24:12 “may the Lord judge between you and me, and may the Lord avenge me on you; but my hand shall not be against you.
- If you have been robbed by another believer do not take out your vengeance and frustration on him, give it over to the Lord, 1Th 4:6.
1Th 4:6 and that no man transgress and defraud his brother in the matter because the Lord is the avenger in all these things, just as we also told you before and solemnly warned you.
- Never repay evil with evil and give someone what you think that they deserve, Pro 20:22.
Pro 20:22 do not say, “I will repay evil”; wait for the Lord, and He will save or deliver you.
- When someone has wronged you let the Lord repay him according to his deeds, 2Ti 4:14.
2Ti 4:14 Alexander the coppersmith did me much harm; the Lord will repay him according to his deeds.
As Pro 24:29 says….Do not say, “thus I shall do to him as he has done to me; I will render to the man according to his work.”
In Rom 8:33 we have an application to this principle concerning the confidence we should have whenever we give anything over to the Lord as the supreme Court Judge.
Whether they are human or angelic no one has the right to judge any of us because God has justified us.
The concept is a challenge in the field of judging.
People will judge your life, your motivation, your decision making, and all the way to criticizing your personality.
For the believer who is growing spiritually, this is the principal of pressure from Satan who is the original judge and accuses us day and night before the Throne of God.
We are under surveillance by a super-natural system of demon investigators.
HEB 4:16 Let us therefore draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and may find grace to help in time of need.
COL 1:16 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities‑‑ all things have been created by Him and for Him.
“Who” not only refers to human beings but angelic beings as well.