Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
The believer's responsibility to apply positional truth.
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
1. The Christian way of life is a life based on the thought content of the soul.
2. Without the filling of the HS the believer will not be able to accumulate the correct wisdom in his soul, 1CO 2:14-16.
3. The believer can know the deep things of God because he has the Spirit of God within him, 1CO 2:10.
4. The believer is imputed with the righteousness of God at salvation and that makes him holy forever. Through the wisdom of God the believer can make that +R experiential in time.
5. Experiential righteousness is a potential that becomes a reality when the believer is in fellowship with God. Fellowship with God is being filled with the Spirit by means of rebound and having maximum doctrine circulating in the soul.
6. There is no sinless perfection. Walking in the light/walking by means of the Spirit/experiencing fellowship with God is having rebound at the ready when a transgression is committed.
7. Focus on the positive and not the negative. The believer must understand and believe his position (Eph 1-3) and then he will be equipped to fulfill his responsibility
8. Nothing can be done by the believer without the filling of the HS. The F/HS is not felt, but its results are experienced, i.e. the fruit of the Spirit, GAL 5:22-23.
9.There are 7 manifestations of the filling of the HS in the believer’s life. These are not to be attempted by any human power but allowed to occur by the believer’s willingness to walk by means of the Spirit.
10. The believer has been divorced from the OSN and betrothed to Christ at the moment of salvation, therefore he is free to focus on the positives of the Spirit and allow the Spirit to defeat his three enemies; the world, the flesh, and the devil.
Two procedures are possible, namely, dependence upon one’s own ability and dependence upon the power of the indwelling Spirit. These two methods are totally incompatible.
You are called to walk in a manner worthy of your high election after salvation and you cannot do it. You must admit that you cannot, that you are powerless, and that only God can do it through you.
It’s better to talk to God about people than it is to talk to people about God. Talk to God about people and when God softens their heart talk to them about God.
7 manifestations of the filling of the HS:
The fruit of the Spirit; the function of the spiritual gift; praise and thanksgiving; teaching of the Spirit; leading of the Spirit; the life of faith; intercession of the Spirit.
ROM 8:26 And in the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;
There are three tenses of salvation: you were saved when you believed from the penalty of sin, you have now been saved from the power of sin, you will be saved from the presence of sin.
Any fool can make a plan whereby good people can go to heaven; only God can make a plan whereby bad people can go to heaven. Based on the death of Christ God is able to forgive you and make you His own.
When the positives in the plan of God are capitalized upon, the negatives - evil - are overcome.
Those who accomplish the positives in the plan of God by their positive volition are called overcomers in the Word of God.
REV 2:7 To him who overcomes, I will grant to eat of the tree of life, which is in the Paradise of God.’
REV 2:11 He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death.’
REV 2:17 To him who overcomes, to him I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it.’
REV 2:26-28 ‘And he who overcomes, and he who keeps My deeds until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations; 27 and he shall rule them with a rod of iron, as the vessels of the potter are broken to pieces, as I also have received authority from My Father; 28 and I will give him the morning star.
REV 3:5 ‘He who overcomes shall thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father, and before His angels.
REV 3:12 ‘He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write upon him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name.
REV 3:21 ‘He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne