Grace Bible Church
Robert R. McLaughlin
Wednesday February 21, 2018
Pastor Rick Bettez
1Tim 6 begins by addressing labor and management (slave & master), God does not put a priority on the daily condition of people, the first emphasis is always on the spiritual position.
Capacity is what is needed for blessings, this means walking by means of the Spirit & applying BD, growing spiritually. Being imitators of Christ (godliness).
God knows that if you are born again and saved, moving forward in His plan everything else will become a temporal speed bump in your life.
1Tim 6:5 and constant friction between men of depraved mind and deprived of the truth, who suppose that godliness (eusebeia) is a means of gain.
At salvation you were brought into the spiritual life, but there is a continuation of growing & walking in the Spirit that leads to godliness, resulting in Christ characteristics in your lifestyle.
Pseudo spirituality (counterfeit)- those who attempt to peddle it for power or profit come from both sides; Bels & Unbels, trying to harness God’s power through legalism, works or false doctrines that tickle the ear.
1Tim 6:6 But godliness actually is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment.
When the Bel resides in PPOG for longer periods he/she gains an understanding of divine contentment, which is the cornerstone of capacity.
1Tim 6:7 For we have brought nothing into the world, so we cannot take anything out of it either.
Keeping this principle in mind daily may make the difference for spiritual growth for many Bels.
- Prosperity does not imply godliness. Godliness is the basis for true prosperity but prosperity does not imply godliness.
- Because a Bel becomes prosperous or successful, or even attains temporary happiness, it does not imply that he/she is arrived at any spiritual status.
- While spiritual maturity brings prosperity, prosperity is not the path or symbol for spiritual maturity.
- Prosperity is one of the characteristics of capacity (SM) it does not imply that all prosperity is a status symbol for spiritual maturity.
- Being prosperous does not mean godliness. A prosperous Bel shouldn’t assume that he/she is also a mature believer.
- To assume godliness or spiritual maturity the Bel must have long periods of time functioning inside the PPOG.2Cor 12:10 Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ’s sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.Spiritual Self Esteem.Heb 13:5 Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, “I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU,”Spiritual AutonomyHeb 13:6 so that we confidently say,
“THE LORD IS MY HELPER, I WILL NOT BE AFRAID. WHAT WILL MAN DO TO ME?”With SA you have begun to relax in the PPOG…the cosmic system has less impact on your emotions.Phil 4:11 Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.
Phil 4:11-13 is the earmarks of a Spiritual Mature Bel. Contentment no matter what circumstance, all power & praise is directed at The Lord Jesus Christ, OSN is minimized in the Bel’s life.
Joh 5:38 “You do not have His word abiding in you, for you do not believe Him whom He sent.
Joh 5:43 “I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, you will receive him.
False spirituality is offered by a false god, this will become prevalent as we approach the Rapture.
Joh 5:44 “How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and you do not seek the glory that is from the one and only God?”
Unfortunately this rings true with Bels as they often seek glory in the cosmic realm.
Where the Bel focuses his time, talent & treasure is where that Bel is giving their glory (praise) too.
Glory & honor are reserved for the Lord, yet the cosmic system is designed to give glory & honor to the creature not the Creator.
1Joh 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the
flesh and the lust of the eyes
and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world.
Contentment is something you learn not something you have. It is only ingrained into your soul through consistent intake of BD.
Luk 12:15 Then He said to them, “Beware, and be on your guard against every form of greed; for not even when one has an abundance does his life consist of his possessions.”
Momentum testing is the grand design within the PPOG to guide the Bel toward spiritual maturity. People testing, thought testing, system testing & disaster testing are designed for growth.
1Cor 3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you thinks that he is wise in this age, he must become foolish, so that he may become wise.
Capacity for blessings will only reach a Bel whose relationship with God has surpassed surface knowledge.
A real love relationship has truth & depth that goes beyond the top soil.
True pleasure (contentment) is not derived from possessions or people it is a deep soul commitment we have with our Lord that has eternal repercussions.
1Cor 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.
When difficulty or pain arise, a Bel will apply what he/she has retained and that which is trusted to work in their lives. Pressure pushes people to react forgetting to take the time to respond.