Robert R. McLaughlin Bible Ministries
The Angelic Conflict – Part 16 Outline
The Angelic Conflict – Part 16 –
Point 4. – Two Categories of Fallen Angels Under the Command of Satan –
(1) Non-operational angels.
(a) Gen 6 angels who were involved in the angelic attack to infiltrate the human race who are now incarcerated in Tartarus.
(2) Functional angels. These are the demons who are operational today.
They will attack upon the sounding of the seventh trumpet, REV 11:15-12:17. This attack upon all Jews is the greatest wave of anti-Semitism the world has ever known.
This army will be involved in warfare in heaven. It will be defeated by the angelic order of battle led by Michael the archangel, REV 12:7-8.
As a result of this defeat by Michael and the elect angels, the third demon assault army will attack planet earth,REV 12:9.
Anti-Semitism is one of the greatest systems of evil from Satan.
The fact that he does attack the human race and he has already been sentenced reveals to us that an appeal trial is in existence.
EPH 6:12 “but against the rulers” = highest ranking demons in Satan’s organization. “against the powers” = demon officers who have phenomenal authority.
“against the world forces of this darkness” = Satan’s demon ambassadors who control many world rulers.
“against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places” = spiritual forces of evil in the atmosphere, the stellar universe, even in the presence of God to represent Satan.
Point 5. – Demon attacks during the Church-age –
(1) During the Church-age, demon attacks on the unbeliever = demon possession or demon influence (demon doctrines enter the soul of the unbeliever).
(2) During the Church-age, demon attacks on believers = demon influence (the doctrine of demons invades the right lobe of the soul).
1TI 4:1 “But the Spirit explicitly teaches that in latter periods of time some believers will withdraw from doctrine, concentrating on deceitful spirits and the doctrines from demons,
1TI 4:2 by means of hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron.”
Negative volition toward doctrine creates a vacuum in the soul which sucks in all the false concepts that Satan has developed for you to be distracted from the plan of God.
2CO 2:11 “That no advantage be taken of us by Satan, for we are not ignorant of his strategies.”
EPH 6:11 “Put on the full armor from God so that you might always be able to stand firm or hold your ground against the strategies or the schemes of the devil.”
Why is the devil allowed to have strategies and schemes of deception? We are involved in a conflict between two kingdoms and both are after your soul!
Satan’s offensive action demands, on our part, dependence on the Lord and the wall of fire.
(1) EPH 4:27 And do not give the devil an opportunity. opportunity = topos = a place or a room in your soul!
GAL 5:9 A little leaven leavens the whole lump of dough. The believer is commanded to be on the defensive against Satan’s strategy.
Why doesn’t God just say, “Don’t worry – I won’t let you be deceived, I’ll kill the devil?” Because we are in a conflict!
(2) EPH 6:13 “Pick up and put on the full armor from God that you may always be able to hold your ground in the day that evil attacks you.”
(3) JAM 4:7 “Hold your ground against the devil and he will flee from you.”
2JO 1:8 Watch yourselves, that you might not lose what we have accomplished, but that you may receive a full reward.
(4) 1PE 5:8-9 “Be sober minded, be alert, your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for some believer to devour; therefore, hold your ground against him by standing firm in doctrine.”
Robert R. McLaughlin Bible Ministries
All Rights Reserved
Robert R. McLaughlin 2001