Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
A description of the leader of the angelic rebellion. Part 5.
Wednesday, October 9, 2002
God did not create Satan as such,; He created an angel who was perfect in all his ways, and that angel sinned by opposing the will of God.
1. Through the degenerating power of sin, Satan, as did Adam, became an entirely different being from that which God created.
2. When God creates a being to fulfill a certain purpose, that being must be a perfect fulfillment of that divine pattern.
3. We need to identify the purpose for which Satan was created and evaluate the qualities which were his in view of that purpose.
4. By his sin of rebellion, Satan lost his original holiness and heavenly position, but he retained his wisdom and his beauty, and he has turned his surpassing abilities into ways of evil.
5. Satans office was originally to protect the Throne of God and to forbid the approach of evil or any unrighteousness.
6. The unrighteousness found in Satan was the sin of independence and self-exaltation.
7. Satan is said to have been upon the Holy Mountain of God as the Anointed Cherub that covereth, and therefore he was the great High Priest of his realm.
8. Satan also appears as the highest angel, and therefore the lead King over his creation.
9. Satan was perfect in all his ways, and continued so for a certain length of time.
Adam was to function as a prophet in the sense of teaching the things of God to his woman Ishshah as well as function as a priest worshipping God.
The Lord Jesus Christ came forth from the Godhead to become a member of the human race and to fulfill all three functions: prophet, priest, and king.
JOH 18:36 “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting, that I might not be delivered up to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm.”
It was necessary for TLJC first to put away the iniquity of those who should be saved.
TLJC will come to earth a second time to claim the power from the hands of Satan, and after casting Satan into prison, the Lord will bring back the creation to purity and order.
The government which Christ will take upon His shoulders appears to be exactly identical with that which was once committed to Satan, and the original order of things will begin to be restored in Christs Millennial kingdom.
GAL 4:4 But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman,
He will come to earth a second time to claim the power from the hands of Satan, and after casting Satan into prison, the Lord will bring back the creation to its original order.
EZE 28:15 “You were blameless in your ways From the day you were created, Until unrighteousness was found in you.”
REV 12:9 And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.
REV 20:10 And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
LUK 10:18 “I was watching Satan fall from heaven like lightning.”
Satan - Satanas = to gossip, to malign, to slander and to accuse.
This takes place historically in REV 12:7-9, when Satan is cast out of heaven.
Star - heylel = the shining one or the star.
ISA 14:12 How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! (NKJ)
ISA 14:12 How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! (TLB)
ISA 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! (KJV)
Lucifer comes from the Latin and means light bearer, the shining one, the translucent one, the simulating one.
Robert R. McLaughlin All Rights Reserved 2002