Grace Bible Church
Robert R. McLaughlin
Sunday, March 4, 2018
We are now on Point 7. in our doctrine which deals THE FAITH-REST-LIFE or the Sabatth Rest.
- Now, we begin with Heb 4:3 which tells us that we who have believed on Him, enter into His rest.
If you have believed in Jesus Christ, then the New Testament Sabbath for you is to enter into God’s rest…= the way is the manifestation of the “glory” of God in you.
The process of Theantric Action is the only provision whereby Christians are able to manifest the true nature of God in their mortal bodies within the Body of Christ and to a lost and dying world.
The word “theantric” comes from two Greek words, theos–God, and anthropos–man. Theantric Action is the fullness to overflowing of God’s divine nature in the human vessel which is surrendered to the plan of God.
In all my forty years of pastoring, I have never been so consumed with conveying the truth of any theme or principle as with that of Theantric Action.
When the personality of the Father is operational in the believer’s life, through the filling of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God, which is the mind of Christ, the possibilities of experiencing Christ’s victory are limitless.
Concerning the Father, Jesus said, “For I do always those things that please him” (John 8:29b).
Describing His disposition, Jesus said, “I am meek and lowly in heart” (Matthew 11:29).
The disciples were described as having turned the world upside down because of their tremendous influence in evangelizing the nations. This sheds light on the heart attitude of Jesus as He prayed, “That they all may be one; as thou Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us, that the world may believe that thou hast sent me” (John 17:21)
It is the desire of the Father that all men would know Christ and experience the very same life that He derived from His Father, through the provision of recovery for their growing process (1Jo 1:9).
In fact, when a believer reveals the glory of God, there will be one basic characteristic and quality that follows them around wherever they go, and that basic characteristic is eirene or inner peace— rest!
The Greek word for glory is doxza means brightness, radiance, splendor, magnificence, fgame, renown, honor, or glory.
The Hebrew word KABOD means honor, glory, riches, nobility, splendor, and majesty – used. to reveal
Glory always has the connotation of honor inherent in a person, distinction, greatness, renown, fame, nobility, or majesty.
And so, the reason why many believers are very anxious and worried and nervous and living in fear is because of unbelief.
The first mention principle of a word, promise, or doctrine is a guideline used for studying Scripture.
The law of first mention says that, to understand a particular word or doctrine, we must find the first place in Scripture that word or doctrine is revealed by means of the ICE principle.
Now notice these two pages, Heb 4:10 For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His.
Heb 13:10, notice that we sldo sre dsid to have an altar, We have an altar, from which those who serve the tabernacle have no right to eat.
One of the other manifestations 2CO 1:5 For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ.
1TH 3:4 For indeed when we were with you, we kept telling you in advance that we were going to suffer affliction; and so it came to pass, as you know.
Now, for the Christian, he has entered in what the book of Hebrews teaches as a moment by moment rest, or a moment by moment Sabbath.
In other words, You have entered into a new Sabbath, a new Testament Sabbath, which is for you to learn how to rest.
And just like if the O.T. Saints did any work on the Sabbath, the result was death, the same principle happens to the N.T. saints.
If the believer does not rest and tries to accomplish things on his own then he enters into a temporal death which is a separation from God.
Because they are trying to make certain things happen and work when God has given them rest to enjoy.
Everyday that you wake up is another opportunity for you to enter into His rest.
You have an altar and that altar starts right upstairs in your soul.
HEB 13:10 We have an altar, from which those who serve the tabernacle have no right to eat.
Prayer is a part of your altar, but so is learning, serving, giving, etc.
And they not only struggle with rest outwardly, (they’re nervous wrecks, they’re always falling apart, they can’t handle pressure) but they struggle with rest inwardly…which is where real rest starts.
The tragedy in marriage is not the problems between the husband and and wife but the fact that born-again believers can’t handle their own problems – because of a lack of understanding Bible doctrine!
- Marital problems are symptoms but the disease is the OSN = Human failure in life.
- Marriages fail because people are failures as human beings NOT BECAUSE OF MARRIAGE.
- Marriage is not designed for happiness but for virtue.
- Virtue is the source of happiness not marriage.
Marriage is not a solution to anything but it’s for those who have found their solutions.
- Most people try to solve marital problems by changing their partners.
- The problem with marriage therefore is people – not marriage! 7. Man must never use his authority to change his wife.
- Marital couseling is a waste of time – all counciling does is give people personal attention rather than – Bible doctrine Bible doc!
- Most people approach marital problems from standpoint of subjectivity – self being justified in their own actions.
In marriage there are TWO souls involved AND sets of volition – one should never dis-regard the input of the other.
He has no virtue, honor, or integrity when he doesn’t realize the woman has a soul – ie. (Free-will).
- Solutions to marital problems are never permanent because people are failures.
- Marital problems should never be made public property but solved in privacy.
- Solutions for believers only in marriage is spiritual growth.
- Real decision therefore to solve your marital problems is your daily attitude toward doc. – and how high in your scale of values is doctrine?
- Problems in marriage is not incompatibility with believers but failure to apply two doc’s. 1) Humility 2) Virtue
Most marriages are failures for following reasons: a. Bad decisions in the selection of a mate. This is why losers shouldn’t make a decision for marriage until doctrine matures them!
- Inability to handle personal problems before, during, & after marriage.
- Failure to learn doctrine
Unstable in church attendance = instability in marriage
- Marriage is not designed for perfect people but for people with OSN.
- Therefore, the only wrong with marriage is not principal of marriage – but people.
- No woman can be successful in marriage unless she has learned to entertain herself.
- Ladies again – you did not marry an entertainer but a provider. Now – ladies you need to learn to play poker.
- No man can be a successful lover of a woman and at the same time be a successful lover of himself
- No man can exercise his authority properly as a husband without honor, integrity, & virtue.