Grace Bible Church
Robert R. McLaughlinFriday,December 09, 2016
Throughout the Word of God, THERE is an on-going theme which is known as "Theandric Action" or God manifest OR ALIVE in the flesh which has to do with winner believers who lived a life that was a TYPE of Christ.
JOH 14:12 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go to the Father.
2. both of them had rulers that tried to kill them shortly after they were born.
3. Both spent time in the wilderness before taking on their callings.
4. Both dealt with wicked kings.
5. Both dealt with folks who hardened their hearts.
6. Both dealt with lepers.
7. Both had the world offered to them.
8. Both were shepherds.
9. Both fasted for 40 days.
10. Both were known for climbing mountains.
11. Both were also the meekest or humblest in the entire world.
12. Both were envied and victims of jealousy.
13. Both did some writing.
14. Both have a connection to the law.
15. Both kept the Passover.
16. Both had a connection to innocent blood.
17. Both Moses and our Lord also sang as an expression of their attitude of appreciation for the victory that God gave them.
Moses did so after the victory over Pharaoh and the Egyptians in Exo 15:1, and our Lord did in Mat 26:30, just before His victory on the cross.
ACT 16:25 But about midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns of praise to God, and the prisoners were listening to them;
In ROM 15:9, we Gentiles should glorify God for His mercy; and as it is written, "Therefore I will give praise to Thee among the Gentiles, And I will sing to Thy name."
Our singing is to reflect a doctrinal content as Paul taught in 1CO 14:15
18. Both Moses and our Lord had a ministry to the nation of Israel; Moses did to the new nation Israel; our Lord did in Mat 15:21-28, to Israel.
Our Lord said to a woman who had a cruelly demon‑ possessed daughter that He was sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."
19. Both did miraculous things. Both fed hungry people in a wilderness or a desert; (Exo 16; Mar 8:1-9.