Grace Bible Church
Robert R. McLaughlin
Friday, June 16, 2017
Point 2. The supreme court of heaven is open twenty-four hours a day.
- Evil in the world. B. Sinfulness and injustice in human affairs. C. The rise and the fall of nations. D. Anti-Semitism, personal or national.
- Conflicts among believers. F. Satanic accusations against believers. G. Divine discipline of believers. H. Child abuse.
- Jesus Christ is God. He is co-equal with God, superior to mankind, and perfect mankind in one person forever. Therefore, He is the perfect judge.
- Jesus Christ, as the son of man, emphasizing his hypostatic union, makes him the unique judge sitting on the supreme court of heaven.
- The rebound technique–we have the right to judge ourselves by naming our sins and being forgiven by God, 1Co 11:27-30.
- The judgment of the believer’s works after the Rapture of the church at the judgment seat of our Lord Jesus Christ, 1Co 3:11-15, 2Co 5:10.
- The judgment of all “believers” at the baptism of fire at the second advent of Christ. Mat 13:24‑30, 36‑40, Mat 13:47‑50.
- The judgment of all “unbelievers” at the baptism of fire at the second advent of Christ. Mat 25:31‑46.
- The judgment of Satan and all fallen angels at the end of the Millennium, Rev 20:1-10.
- The judgment of all unbelievers at the end of the Millennium. This is called the second resurrection and the Great White Throne Judgment, Rev 20:12-15.
- If you react to unfair treatment with bitterness, resentment, hatred, antagonism, any form of arrogance or emotion, then Jesus Christ cannot act on your behalf as the supreme court judge and He must act against you.
Do not make someone else’s problem of treating you unfair your problem by getting out of fellowship and reacting.
- If you respond to unfair treatment with any of the problem solving devices of the PPOG (such as the faith-rest drill or occupation with Christ), then the Lord Jesus Christ will handle the situation as the supreme court judge.
- You either respond to our Lord or react to the person who treats you unfairly.
- The case of abused children is handled before the supreme court of heaven.
Point 3. The uniqueness of Jesus Christ as a supreme court judge.
He is the God-man, undiminished deity and true humanity in one person forever.
In the hypostatic union, the two natures of our Lord Jesus Christ are united without transfer of attributes, without loss or diminishing of the attributes of one to the other.
The attributes of deity and the attributes of the humanity of Christ in hypostatic union adhere to their corresponding natures.
Divine essence is not changed by the hypostatic union. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever, Heb 13:8.
Principle: To take from Jesus Christ a single attribute of His deity would destroy His deity.
Second prin-To take from Jesus Christ a single attribute of His humanity would destroy His humanity.
Also, note the secret of our Lord’s greatness in His humanity: “He humbled Himself.”
Prin: While bearing our sins on the cross, He did so from His humanity by applying the maximum doctrine in His soul and using the problem solving devices.
He was filled with the Holy Spirit while bearing our sins as He had been from birth, Heb 9:14.
He maintained His perfection while bearing our sins because He used the metabolized doctrine in His soul. He did not use His deity to sustain himself while bearing our sins.
His deity could only condemn sin. So, the greatest function of the supreme court of heaven was the judgment that took place on the cross.
Certain attributes of our Lord’s deity were not used (like omnipotence), This means that our Lord voluntarily restricted the use of certain divine attributes while living among men and their human limitations.
Prin: In His glorified state, the humanity of Christ resides at the right hand of the Father, and God the Father, therefore, has given to the glorified state of Christ all function of judgment.
Point 4. The divine qualification of Jesus Christ as a supreme court judge.
Jesus Christ, as judge, is eternal God. Therefore, He is perfectly qualified to function as a justice of the supreme court of heaven.
As God, Jesus Christ has perfect integrity or holiness.
Jesus Christ judges on the basis of His perfect divine essence on the one hand, and on the basis of His perfect resurrected humanity on the other hand.
Our Lord Jesus Christ judges every case in perfect fairness, totally without prejudice or partiality.