Are you expressing fear or faith.
What the Bible says about authority.
The apostle John says Now, salvation, power, and the principle of authority has come.......why?
Because the who questions these things, salvation, power, and authority, is Satan himself who accuses God's people before God day and night, and he has been cast down.
We know why he wants you to question salvation because he wants you to question, Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
The big problem that existed in the dispensation of the Law was not the problem of salvation or the problem of what power was needed but it was the problem with authority.
ACT 5:29 But Peter and the apostles answered and said, "We must obey God rather than men.
When it comes to something that is the policy of the organization or the job or the church, then it is totally wrong to reject authority and question it at all.
Our Lord even taught a parable concerning this principle when He taught that an employer has the right to deal with employees as he sees fit, Mat 20:1-20.
He is in authority and in charge of the organization that he is over and if you do not like it ---- then quit --- leave ---- but do not rebel with a negative attitude that says to others in your surroundings - "Question Authority."
Authority is your friend---not your enemy!
K.J. 1Sa 15:23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.
The Jews not only had a problem because of their fears and not being able to pick up the shield of faith, but they also had a problem because they had the attitude that Satan had in Rev 12:10, they questioned authority!
Mat 8:27 And the men marveled, saying, "What kind of a man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?"
MAR 4:41 And they became very much afraid and said to one another, "Who then is this, that even the wind and the sea obey Him?"
Angels are also subject to divine authority, Mar 1:27 And they were all amazed, so that they debated among themselves, saying, "what is this? A new teaching with authority! He commands even the unclean spirits, and they obey him."
1Pe 3:22 He is at the right hand of God, having gone into heaven, after angels and authorities and powers had been subjected to Him.
1Th 5:12 But we request of you, brethren, that you appreciate those who diligently labor among you, and have charge over you in the Lord and give you instruction,
Government has authority over its people to protect the sanctity of their freedom, property, and human life, Rom 13:1-7.
Col 3:18 Wives, be subject to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
Authority in business stabilizes the economy,
Freedom through military victory is based on the principle of the authority of military rank, Neh 4:13-15.
Freedom without authority is chaos.
Authority without freedom is enslavement.
Freedom includes the right of privacy,
The right of self-determination,
The right to hold your own opinions,
And the sacredness of property and life.
2,000,000 adults in the Exodus generation were constantly complaining.
Num 12:3 Now the man Moses was very humble, more than any man who was on the face of the earth.
Moses had true humility and humility does not make an issue of self and it is not overly self-conscious. Humility makes an issue out of Bible doctrine.
- Because humility makes an issue out of Bible doctrine, it does not get caught up in the functions of subjective or self-righteous arrogance.
- Humility functions under the principle of grace orientation and occupation with the person of Christ.
- Humility is objective and genuine evaluation of your own helplessness to solve the problems of stress, pressure, calamity and disaster.
- Humility from the biblical viewpoint is always God-consciousness rather than self-consciousness.
God consciousness includes personal love for God the Father and occupation with the person of Christ.
- Humility does not deny the function of self-consciousness of the soul, but in the Christian life relates it to Bible doctrine and the escrow blessings of every believer.
Moses was not a man of destiny (Heb-Bashert) until he spent 40 years in Bible class between leaving Egypt and coming back to Egypt 40 years later.
- Humility cannot co-exist with sins, as well as the sins of arrogance and the emotional complex of sins.
- Humility is the basis for objectivity in life as well as keeping professionalism and integrity together.
What was his profession? Leadership!
What was integrity? Humility!
No one ever had 2,000,000 rebellious people to lead, except there may be an exception of that today.
By concentrating on Pharaoh's army, they completely forgot the grace of God and the power of God....and the marvelous deliverance that they had experienced just a week or so before.
In a time of disaster or testing, they concentrated on the wrong thing.
"They began to gripe and complain to the one who was in charge, the authority, a man called Moses.
Moses is in a class all by himself.
Moses was one of the only persons in Israel, who was constantly prepared for sudden stress, sudden disaster, sudden calamity and sudden pressure testing.
Many of the things that came to these Jews in the first year were given to prepare them to enter into the promise land and enjoy that land.
Most of them failed every test that the Lord brought forth.
1SA 8:7 And the Lord said to Samuel, "Listen to the voice of the people in regard to all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected Me from being king over them.
- Rebound and recovery, 1JO 1:9. Recovery is how the believer maintains his integrity.
- The filling of the Spirit for us is the power of integrity.
- The faith rest drill or the shield of faith = the function of integrity.
- Grace orientation = the application of integrity.
- Doctrinal orientation is the mental attitude of integrity.
- Personal love for God the Father is the motivation for integrity.
- Impersonal love for all mankind is the function of integrity toward all.
- The happiness of God or the contentment in the believer's soul is the tranquility of integrity.
Inevitably morality without integrity produces arrogance and arrogance destroys tranquility and contentment.
- A personal sense of destiny is the result of integrity.
- Occupation with Christ is the ultimate expression of integrity under pressure.