This past week we have been noting how THAT throughout the Word of God, THERE is an on-going theme which is known as "Theantric Action" or God manifest OR ALIVE in the flesh which has to do with winner believers who were a TYPE of Christ.
It all began in the first dispensation, which traditionally IS CALLED the Dispensation of Innocency, in which the first man created, Adam, was a TYPE of Christ, or as ROM 5:14 says "Spiritual Death reigned or was alive ever since the death of Adam until the death of Moses, even over those who had not sinned like Adan sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come."
Everyone of us who have been born again and are new creatures have something about us that makes us special and totally unique as being a type of Christ where God is manifest in the flesh.
Every man, with few exceptions, is born into the world with a conscience or the ability to know the difference between what is right and what is wrong.
This is why the apostle Paul said in ROM 2:14 For when Gentiles [those of us who are not literal Jews] who do not have the Law [that is the Mosaic Law which God gave to Moses] do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves,
ROM 2:15 in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness, and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them,
"Beholding our Lord's glory" is seeing and recognizing "Theantric Action" in action or in a human being who we call Jesus Christ.
In fact, there is a great verse concerning this principle found in 1Ti 3:16; "And by common confession great is the mystery of godliness: He who was revealed in the flesh [that is Theantric Action"], He Was vindicated in the Spirit, Beheld by angels, Proclaimed among the nations, Believed on in the world, Taken up in glory."
Think about it..... this verse says that God was in man, (Theantric Action), also known in our Lord as the doctrine of the hypostatic union which was a mystery, and therefore, a part of mystery doctrine.
For He was Beheld by angels [the Angelic Conflict],
Proclaimed among the nations [the Gospel],
Believed on in the world [unlimited atonement],
Taken up in glory. His victory revealed by His resurrection, ascension and session.
So, Theantric Action, God indwelling man, is something within us that not only makes us unique but also gives us the ability to glorify TLJC as only we can.
Now, so far we have noted the following principles in some detail.
- Both Moses and TLJC were born at a time when Israel was under foreign domination - Moses – Egyptian bondage & Jesus – Roman bondage).
- Both had rulers that tried to kill them shortly after their births; Moses did in Exo 1:15-22. Mat 2:16-18.
- Both spent time in the wilderness before taking on their callings (Moses Act 7:32; our Lord in Mat 4:1-11.
- Both dealt with wicked kings (Pharaoh – Exo 5-12; Herod in Luk 13:31-32.
- Both dealt with folks who hardened their hearts; Moses in Exo 8:15; Mar 6:45-52.
- Both dealt with lepers; Moses did in Num 12:10-15; Mat 8:1-4.
- Both Moses and our Lord had the world offered to them; Heb 11:24-27; Mat 4:8-9.
EXO 34:28 So he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he did not eat bread or drink water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.
LUK 4:2 for forty days, [TLJC] being tempted by the devil. And He ate nothing during those days; and when they had ended, He became hungry.
- Both were also the meekest or humblest in the entire world; Moses was says Num 12:3; TLJC said that He was in Mat 11:28-30.
PHI 2:8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
- Both were envied, Moses was in PSA 106:16; Then we read of the Lord that He was envied in MAT 27:18.
In PSA 106:16 They became envious of Moses in the camp, then concerning our Lord we read in MAT 27:18 For he knew that because of envy they had delivered Him up.
In EXO 34:27, Moses wrote something that was biblical; Then the Lord said to Moses, "Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel."
- Both have a connection to the law - Moses, humanly speaking, wrote the law, but Jesus Christ fulfilled the law; Moses had a connection to the Mosaic Law in Deu 31:9; TLJC had a connection to the Law in MAT 5:17.
In MAT 5:17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill."
JOH 1:17 For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ.
Moses in HEB 11:28 By faith he kept the Passover and the sprinkling of the blood, so that he who destroyed the first‑born might not touch them.
Jesus did in LUK 22:11 "And you shall say to the owner of the house, 'The Teacher says to you," Where is the guest room in which I may eat the Passover with My disciples? "'
- Both had a connection to innocent blood (Moses did in Deu 19:9-10; our Lord was a victim of being betrayed as one who had innocent blood in Mat 27:3-4.
- Both sang, Moses did after the victory over Pharaoh and the Egyptians in Exo 15:1, and our Lord did in Mat 26:30, just before His victory on the cross.
For example, when Paul and Silas were thrown into prison, they sang unto the Lord for the privilege of being counted worthy to suffer for His name's sake in ACT 16:25 But about midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns of praise to God, and the prisoners were listening to them;
In ROM 15:9, we Gentiles should glorify God for His mercy; and as it is written, "Therefore I will give praise to Thee among the Gentiles, And I will sing to Thy name."
Also our singing is to reflect a doctrinal content as Paul taught in 1CO 14:15 I shall pray with the spirit and I shall pray with the mind also; I shall sing with the spirit and I shall sing with the mind also.
In fact, the filling of the Spirit is manifested by the way that we sing as EPH 5:18-19, states when it says "Be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord;"
And in COL 3:16 we are told, "Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God."
- Both Moses and our Lord had ministries to the nation of Israel; Moses did to the new nation Israel; our Lord did in Mat 15:21-28.
In MAT 15:24 our Lord answered a woman who had a cruelly demon‑possessed daughter and said that He sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."
- Both did miraculous things (no references needed).
- Both provided water for thirsty people; Moses in Exo 15:22-25; our Lord did in Joh 4:10.
COL 2:16-17, Therefore let no one act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day‑‑ things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.
- Both spoke of future tribulation; Moses did in Deu 4:30-31. Deu 4:30 "When you [your future generation] are in tribulation and all these things have come upon you, in the latter days, you will return to the Lord your God and listen to His voice.
DEU 4:31 "For the Lord your God is a compassionate God; He will not fail you nor destroy you nor forget the covenant with your fathers which He swore to them.
MAT 24:21-22, for then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever shall. And unless those days had been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days shall be cut short.
- Both spoke of eternal fire, Moses did in LEV 6:12 'And the fire on the altar shall be kept burning on it. It shall not go out, but the priest shall burn wood on it every morning; and he shall lay out the burnt offering on it, and offer up in smoke the fat portions of the peace offerings on it.
LEV 6:13 'Fire shall be kept burning continually on the altar; it is not to go out.
Our Lord also taught the same in MAT 25:41 "Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;
MAT 25:42 for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink;
- Both paid tribute to leaders or the rulers; Moses did in NUM 31:41 And Moses gave the levy which was the Lord's offering to Eleazar the priest, just as the Lord had commanded Moses.
- (Here's a unique one) Both sent out 12 men (Moses did in Num 13; our Lord did in Luk 9:1-6.
- Both were called God’s servants – Moses was called “My servant” in Num 12:7; our Lord was called the servant of God in Mat 12:14-21.
- Both were kings, Moses was called a king in DEU 33:4-5, "Moses charged us with a law, A possession for the assembly of Jacob. And He was king in Jeshurun, When the heads of the people were gathered, The tribes of Israel together.
Our Lord was identified as the King of the Jews in Joh 18:33-40.
- Both were Judges; Moses was in Exo 18:13 And it came about the next day that Moses sat to judge the people, and the people stood about Moses from the morning until the evening.
Our Lord was a judge in Joh 5:24-30.
- Both were teachers; Moses was called a teacher in Deu 34:5, our Lord was called a teacher in Joh 18:20.
- Both met together on the Mount of Transfiguration; Mat 17:1-9.
- Both are connected through the brasen serpent; Moses was in Num 21:4-9; our Lord was in Joh 3;14.
- Here's another interesting one; Both had outstretched arms with 2 men beside them, and in both cases there was a war going on. Moses did in Exo 17:8-16.
In Mat 27:38, our Lord had two men with outstretched arms next to Him, Mat 27:38 At that time two robbers were crucified with Him, one on the right and one on the left.
- Both died but did not stay in their burial places; Deu 34:5-6; Our Lord Mat 28.
- Both were the subject of controversies concerning their dead bodies.
- Both had important “dignitaries” interested in their dead bodies (Michael & the devil – Jude 9; the Pharisees, the Roman soldiers, and Pilate.
- Both will rule in Heaven.