Throughout the Word of God, THERE is an on-going theme which is known as "Theandric Action" or God manifest OR ALIVE in the flesh which has to do with winner believers who lived a life that was a TYPE of Christ.
All of these spiritual heroes revealed some virtue that was in Christ.
They were all lights to the world and salt to the earth.
JOH 14:12 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go to the Father.
We have been noting how Moses glorified God and how he was a type of Christ.
How Moses and TLJC were born at a time when Israel was under foreign domination.
- both of them had rulers that tried to kill them shortly after they were born.
- Both spent time in the wilderness before taking on their callings.
- Both dealt with wicked kings.
- Both dealt with folks who hardened their hearts.
- Both dealt with lepers.
- Both had the world offered to them.
- Both were shepherds.
- Both fasted for 40 days.
- Both were known for climbing mountains.
- Both were also the meekest or humblest in the entire world.
- Both were envied and victims of jealousy.
- Both did some writing.
- Both have a connection to the law.
- Both kept the Passover.
- Both had a connection to innocent blood.
- Both Moses and our Lord also sang as an expression of their attitude of appreciation for the victory that God gave them.
ACT 16:25 But about midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns of praise to God, and the prisoners were listening to them;
In ROM 15:9, we Gentiles should glorify God for His mercy; and as it is written, "Therefore I will give praise to Thee among the Gentiles, And I will sing to Thy name."
Our singing is to reflect a doctrinal content as Paul taught in 1CO 14:15 I shall pray with the spirit and I shall pray with the mind also; I shall sing with the spirit and I shall sing with the mind also.
EPH 5:18-19, states when it says "Be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord;"
COL 3:16 "Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God."
- Both Moses and our Lord had a ministry to the nation of Israel; Moses did to the new nation Israel; our Lord did in Mat 15:21-28, to Israel.
Our Lord said to a woman who had a cruelly demon‑ possessed daughter that He was sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."
- Both did miraculous things.
COL 2:16-17, Therefore let no one act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day‑‑ things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.
- Both spoke of a future tribulation; Moses did in Deu 4:30-31.
DEU 4:30 "When you [your future generation] are in tribulation and all these things have come upon you, in the latter days, you will return to the Lord your God and listen to His voice.
DEU 4:31 "For the Lord your God is a compassionate God; He will not fail you nor destroy you nor forget the covenant with your fathers which He swore to them.
MAT 24:21-22, for then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever shall. And unless those days had been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days shall be cut short.
- Both spoke of eternal fire, Moses did in LEV 6:12 'And the fire on the altar shall be kept burning on it. It shall not go out, but the priest shall burn wood on it every morning; and he shall lay out the burnt offering on it, and offer up in smoke the fat portions of the peace offerings on it.
LEV 6:13 'Fire shall be kept burning continually on the altar; it is not to go out.
MAT 25:41 "Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;
MAT 25:42 for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink;
- Both paid tribute to leaders or the rulers; Moses did in NUM 31:41 And Moses gave the levy which was the Lord's offering to Eleazar the priest, just as the Lord had commanded Moses.
- Both were called God’s servants – Moses was called “My servant” in Num 12:7; our Lord was called the servant of God in Mat 12:14-21.
- Both were kings, Moses was called a king in DEU 33:4-5, "Moses charged us with a law, A possession for the assembly of Jacob. And He was king in Jeshurun, When the heads of the people were gathered, The tribes of Israel together.
Our Lord was identified as the King of the Jews in Joh 18:33-40.
- Both were Judges; Moses was in Exo 18:13 And it came about the next day that Moses sat to judge the people, and the people stood about Moses from the morning until the evening.
Our Lord was a judge in Joh 5:24-30.
- Both were teachers; Moses was called a teacher in Deu 34:5, our Lord was called a teacher in Joh 18:20.
- Both met together on the Mount of Transfiguration; Mat 17:1-9.
- Here's another interesting one; Both had outstretched arms with 2 men beside them, and in both cases there was a war going on. Moses did in Exo 17:8-16.
- Both died but did not stay in their burial places; Deu 34:5-6;.
DEU 34:5 So Moses the servant of the Lord died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the Lord.
DEU 34:6 And He buried him in the valley in the land of Moab, opposite Beth‑peor; but no man knows his burial place to this day.