The application is two-fold, one, some doctrine (such as rebound) is used every day. Some doctrine is preserved in the conscience for future use.
All doctrine applies because it increases our spiritual strength.
The doctrine may not be presently applicable to any situation in your life but it will make you strong spiritually.
Those who gathered much manna did not have any more than those who gathered little portions, everyone gathered according to their own capacity.
People learn Bible doctrine, on the basis of their capacity. No two people have the same capacity. Capacity comes from making Bible doctrine # 1 priority in your life.
The point is that manna spoiled but it didn't spoil.
- Capacity for life is related to the circumstances of life.
Phi 4:11‑12 "Not that I speak with reference to need, for I have come to learn that in whatever circumstances I am to be content [capacity for life]. I know both how to live in humility and I know how to live in prosperity,
in all places and in all circumstances I have been taught the secret both how to be well fed and to be hungry, both how to prosper and to be in poverty."
- Capacity is related to status quo in life or lifestyle, Heb 13:5-6.
Heb 13:5‑6, "Let your lifestyle be free from the love of money; keep on being content with what you possess, for He Himself has said, `I will not abandon you, neither will I ever forsake you,' so that being confident we say, `The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid of what man can do to me.'"
- Capacity is also related to the supergrace life, 2Co 9:8.
2Co 9:8, "And God has the ability to cause all grace to superabound toward you, in order that always having a capacity for life in all things you may superabound with reference to the production of divine good."
- Capacity is related to prosperity and blessing; 1Ti 6:6.
1Ti 6:6, "But godliness associated with capacity for life keeps on being a great means of prosperity."
It reveals the importance of learning mechanics and obeying divine commands and doing the right thing in a right way...doing things the way God says to do them.
This is analogous to a very important principle in regard to you... The believer must be flexible.
This means that what is right to do on one occasion may be wrong to do on another.
Mechanics and divine commands are very important in the Christian way of life.
Manna was so important of a lesson that it was preserved indefinitely in the ark of the covenant, Exo 16:33; Heb 9:4.
An omerful is a little bit over 5 pints - 5 = grace --- over 5 = supergrace.
The eating of the manna until they came to Canaan, the promise land, is a type of the believer in the Church-age, eating the written word until they get to heaven where they are face to face with the Lord and then dine with the Living Word, TLJC.
The right thing = earthly sanctuary.
The right way = divine regulations.
The saving of the manna stresses the importance of retaining Bible doctrine in the soul.
It's only residual doctrine which is valuable to the child of God.
For doctrine to be preserved in the soul the degree of learning must exceed the rate of forgetting.
Principle: What you do today will not make any difference 100 years from now but the PMA of BD will make the difference. It will determine your eternal destiny.
Manna melted but it didn't melt.
"I have provided this for you and you say no I have something else to do right now, I'll get it when I have time."
Jeremiah warned the children of Israel in Jer 49:20 and Jer 50:45, Therefore hear the "plan" of the Lord.
Jer 18:12, We are going to follow our own plans, and each one will act according to the stubbornness of his evil heart.
1Ki 6:38 The house was finished throughout all its parts and according to all its plans.
His grace is new and fresh every morning, as Lam 3 tells us.
If you don't eat the word of God and use it's going to melt away and will be of no benefit to you.
Ungathered manna is analogous to the doctrine that we do not hear or we do hear and do not accept or metabolized.
- First of all, God is for capital punishment and therefore requires a life for a life, and that was before the dispensation of the Law, GEN 9:5.
GEN 9:5 "And surely I will require your lifeblood; from every beast I will require it. And from every man, from every man's brother I will require the life of man."
- The Lord also requires he following from us:
- Be occupied with Him.
- To be governed by His doctrine.
- To love and to serve Him.
- To have all five parts of our soul in complete submission to Him.
1KI 8:59 "And may these words of mine, with which I have made supplication before the Lord, be near to the Lord our God day and night, that He may maintain the cause of His servant and the cause of His people Israel, as each day requires,
- God will require you to fulfill any vow that you have made to Him or His people, Deu 23:21.
- Only the wicked think God will NOT require anything, PSA 10:13.
PSA 10:13 Why has the wicked spurned God? He has said to himself, "Thou wilt not require it."
- God requires us to go soul-winning and to warn the wicked their blood or their life will be required, Eze 3:18,20.
- God requires ministers and pastors to exhort and warn their congregation, Eze 33:6. If not God will require their blood upon man of God's life, HEB 13:17; Eze 33:8.
HEB 13:17 Obey your leaders, and submit to them; for they keep watch over your souls, as those who will give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with grief, for this would be unprofitable for you.
JAM 3:1 Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we shall incur a stricter judgment.
- God will require the flock of the shepherd to be fed or else remove the flock from the shepherd and blessings also, Eze 34:10.
- The Lord requires from the Christian three things:
- To operate in justice.
- To love mercy, i.e., grace in action.
- To walk humbly with Your God.
MIC 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do (1) justice, to love (2) kindness, And to walk (3) humbly with your God?
1CH 16:37 So he [King David] left Asaph and his relatives there before the ark of the covenant of the Lord, to minister before the ark continually, as every day's work required;
PSA 40:6 Sacrifice and meal offering Thou hast not desired; My ears Thou hast opened; Burnt offering and sin offering Thou hast not required.
- Pleasure seekers, those that trust in riches and carnal security, will be required by God for their attitude of soul, LUK 12:20.
LUK 12:20 "But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your soul is required of you; and now who will own what you have prepared?'
- The more doctrine you learn the more committed you are the more shall be required of you, LUK 12:48.
LUK 12:48b And from everyone who has been given much shall much be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more.
- It is required in stewards that a man be found faithful, 1Co 4:2, In this case, moreover, it is required of stewards that one be found trustworthy.
- God requires that the reversionist or backslider comes back,
ISA 44:22 "I have wiped out your transgressions like a thick cloud, And your sins like a heavy mist. Return to Me, for I have redeemed you."
Why would TLJC teach the importance of washing your feet only and cleansing yourself the night before His death in Joh 13, if rebound was no longer going to an issue in the next dispensation ---- the Church-age!