- The Jews being tested as to whether or not they would walk in the instructions from the Lord.
- Everyone had the opportunity to get as much manna as they desired just like all of us have equal privilege and equal opportunity to do the same, except in a greater way.
Those who gathered much manna did not have any more than those who gathered little portions, everyone gathered according to their own capacity.
- Believers can learn Bible doctrine on the basis of their capacity.
- Manna was so important of a lesson that it was preserved indefinitely in the ark of the covenant, Exo 16:33; Heb 9:4.
An omerful is a little bit over 5 pints – 5 = grace — over 5 = supergrace.
- The eating of the manna until they came to Canaan, the promise land, is a type of the believer in the Church-age, eating the written word until they get to heaven and are face to face with the Lord and then dine with the Living Word, TLJC, Rev 3:20.
If you don’t eat the word of God and use it’s going to melt away and will be of no benefit to you.
- Ungathered manna is analogous to the doctrine that we do not hear or we do hear and do not accept or metabolize.
- God holds the believer accountable for the doctrines that his or her pastor teaches even if they don’t hear it.
- God is for capital punishment and therefore requires a life for a life, and that was before the dispensation of the Law, GEN 9:5.
GEN 9:5 “And surely I will require your lifeblood; from every beast I will require it. And from every man, from every man’s brother I will require the life of man.”
- The Lord also requires he following from us:
- Be occupied with Him.
- To be governed by His doctrine.
- To love and to serve Him.
- To have all five parts of our soul in complete submission to Him.
1KI 8:59 “And may these words of mine, with which I have made supplication before the Lord, be near to the Lord our God day and night, that He may maintain the cause of His servant and the cause of His people Israel, as each day requires,
- God will also require you to fulfill any vow that you have made to Him or His people, Deu 23:21.
ECC 5:4-5, When you make a vow to God, do not be late in paying it, for He takes no delight in fools. Pay what you vow!
ECC 5:5 It is better that you should not vow than that you should vow and not pay.
Ecc 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, therefore the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.
CJB – Ecc 8:11 Because the punishment decreed for an evil act is not promptly carried out; therefore people who plan to do evil are strengthened in their intentions.
- Only the wicked think God will NOT require anything, says
Psa 10:13 Why has the wicked spurned God? He has said to himself, “Thou wilt not require it.”
- God also requires us to go soul-winning and to warn the wicked their life will be required because of the decisions they make, Eze 3:18,20.
- God requires ministers and pastors to exhort and warn their congregation, Eze 33:6. If not God will require their blood upon man of God’s life, HEB 13:17; Eze 33:8.
HEB 13:17 Obey your leaders, and submit to them; for they keep watch over your souls, as those who will give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with grief, for this would be unprofitable for you.
JAM 3:1 Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we shall incur a stricter judgment.
- God will require the flock of the shepherd to be fed or else remove the flock from the shepherd and the blessings also, Eze 34:10.
- The Lord requires from the Christian three things:
- To operate in justice.
- To love mercy, i.e., grace in action.
- To walk humbly with Your God.
MIC 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do (1) justice, to love (2) kindness, And to walk (3) humbly with your God?
- God requires us to minister to His people daily, 1CH 16:37;
1CH 16:37 So he [King David] left Asaph and his relatives there before the ark of the covenant of the Lord, to minister before the ark continually, as every day’s work required;
PSA 40:6 Sacrifice and meal offering Thou hast not desired; My ears Thou hast opened; Burnt offering and sin offering Thou hast not required.
- Pleasure seekers, those who trust in riches and carnal security, will be required by God for their attitude of soul, Luk 12:20.
- The more doctrine you learn the more committed you are the more shall be required of you, LUK 12:48.
LUK 12:48b And from everyone who has been given much shall much be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more.
- It is required in stewards that a man be found faithful, 1Co 4:2, In this case, moreover, it is required of stewards that one be found trustworthy.
- God requires that the reversionist or backslider comes back,
ISA 44:22 “I have wiped out your transgressions like a thick cloud, And your sins like a heavy mist. Return to Me, for I have redeemed you.”
Why would TLJC teach the importance of washing your feet only and cleansing yourself the night before His death in Joh 13, if rebound was no longer going to an issue in the next dispensation —- the Church-age!