Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
Adjustment to the justice of God. Part 6. The origin of grace, mercy, compassion and forgiveness.
Friday, March 1, 2002
The only part of divine essence left for us to be able to adjust to is the justice of God, the basis for God being gracious to us.
Grace represents realities which are infinite and eternal.
Grace is based on divine mercy and divine forgiveness.
Grace is all that God is free to do for mankind without compromising His essence.
1. The divine policy in salvation for all mankind. 2. The policy of God in dealing with the believer after salvation.
Grace is not held back or withdrawn because of failure.
Self-justification - the first stage of the arrogant skills.
They go crazy because they move into the second stage of the arrogant skills, self-deception.
Self-absorption - they take their very own flaws and superimpose them on others.
Williams translation - “The Pharisee stood and said this self centered prayer.”
1. Adjusting to the justice of God = the believer realizes that he is adjusting to grace and grace is not held back or withdrawn because of failure.
Turn to ROM 11:6
2. Adjusting to the justice of God = the believer realizes grace cannot be exercised where there is the slightest degree of human merit to be recognized.
3. Adjusting to the justice of God = the believer realizes that through the cross, all mankinds guilt, condemnation, and demerit have been banished, and God is now just and righteously free to exercise grace in every case.
Turn to PSA 32:1-5
4. Adjusting to the justice of God = the believer realizes that grace cannot be lessened because of failure or sin.
5. The believer who adjusts to the justice of God realizes that grace cannot be increased because it is the expression of Gods infinite love.
ISA 5:4 “What more was there to do for My vineyard that I have not done in it?”
JOH 15:13 “Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.”
Turn to 1JO 4:7-11
“This is how God revealed His love to us.”
6. Grace cannot be diminished because every limitation sin and evil might impose on the action of a righteous God has been dealt with through the cross and dismissed forever.
7. Adjusting to the justice of God = the believer realizes grace does not mean that God ignores or overlooks sin, grace means that God has dealt with sin perfectly in His Son on the cross.
Grace Bible Church All Rights Reserved Robert R. McLaughlin 2002