2TI 2:15 correctly analyzing and accurately dividing [rightly handling and skillfully teaching] the Word of Truth.
Paul is trying to get the Jews to realize something that they do every Saturday on the Sabbath in their synagogues.
Some individuals use this passage to teach that you must confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and then believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead to be saved.
This is where the gospel of "If Christ is not Lord of all, He is not Lord at all" come from.
"for with the mouth acknowledgement is made because of salvation;"
They begin by saying this: "Shama Israel Adonay Elohenu Adonai echad."
They were unbelievers who would say "Adonay Elohenu Adonay echad" which in reality was unbelievers confessing that Jesus is Lord, but not putting in the name Jesus.
They will say it every Sabbath but they won't link it to the one who is "Adonay Elohanu Adonay echad....or "the Lord Jesus Christ is our God, the Lord Jesus Christ is one or unique."
The dispensation of the Mosaic law, the dispensation of the hypostatic union, and the dispensation of the Church-age, we have begun the doctrine of dispensations.
A dispensation is a period of time in human history expressed in terms of divine revelation.
The word dispensation is a technical theological term used primarily by the apostle Paul in the presentation of the mystery doctrine of this Church Age.
Dispensations are divine categories of human history; therefore, both the divine outline and the divine interpretation of human history.
Many different denominations don't believe it like the Roman Catholics, the Lutherans, the Presbyterians, the hyper-Calvinists, just to name a few.
Most of them do not believe that there is a difference between Israel and the church, the Jews and the gentiles, they don't believe in the Rapture, the Tribulation, or the Millennial reign.
Dispensations are the vehicle by which believers living at a specific time in history can orient to God's will, plan, and purpose for their lives.
Until you understand that God's plan is not the same for every dispensation then you will not understand what God's plan is for you.
A dispensation is defined traditionally as a period of time during which a particular revelation of God's mind and God's will is operative, and during which man is tested as to his obedience to that specific manifestation of God's will, purpose, and plan.
Without understanding this subject you cannot truly answer the most important question; "After salvation, what?"
stewardship - the Greek noun oikonomia meaning dispensation.
"to being to light" is the aorist active infinitive of the verb photizo = to illuminate or to bring to light, to make clear; to clarify.
The infinite is an infinitive of purpose to indicate the aim or the objective of the pastor i.e., to communicate the dispensation of the mystery.
There is only one dispensation in all of history that emphasizes every believer being on equal basis and that is the Church-age.
In the dispensation of the hypostatic union one individual was emphasized, TLJC. In the dispensation of the Church-age every believer is emphasized = Christological dispensations.
In every other dispensation such as the O.T., one individual one spiritual leader was emphasized at a time but now for the first time in human history the emphasis is upon the man in the pew, the housewife, the mother, the individual believer.
GAL 3:27-28, For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
The word for administration is the predicate nominative singular from the Greek noun oikonomia = dispensation.
Until you understand where you are in history, and until you have located yourself in God's plan, it is impossible for you to execute God's plan or to do His will.
"mystery" is the Greek noun musterion which refers to the mystery dispensation of the Church-age.
The future of our nation does not reside in the hands of the politicians but in your personal attitude toward B.D. and so, as goes the believer so goes the nation!
The doctrine of dispensational truth reveals that for the first time in human history special significance is placed on each individual believer.
One of the at least 40 things that happened to you at salvation is that you became a member of the royal family of God.
The sooner you become briefed on how royalty should function, and what your role you have in human history, the sooner and better chance you have to glorify God and become a recipient of the most fantastic blessings ever.
You are the apple of His eye; PSA 17:8 Keep me as the apple of the eye; Hide me in the shadow of Thy wings.
ZEC 2:8 For thus says the Lord of hosts, "After glory He has sent me against the nations which plunder you, for he who touches you, touches the apple of His eye.
Because of this you have ZEC 2:5 'For I,' declares the Lord, 'will be a wall of fire around her, and I will be the glory in her midst.' "
God Is Making His Jewels, and You Are One of Them!
MAL 3:16 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.
MAL 3:17 And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.
You are not as important to people as you think you are.
This is a reference to the Church-age dispensation which had been hidden from all O.T. saints.
"which has been hidden" is the per-pass-part of apokrupto = to conceal; to hide; to keep secret.
The name Peter is Petros and it means a little chip out of the Rock and then the word rock is Petra which refers to a massive rock who in context is our Lord Jesus Christ.
When Peter said in MAT 16:16 "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God," our Lord said in effect upon that rock of revelation that you have that I am He, I will build, (future tense) My church.
We are all pebbles or chips but He is the foundational rock; 1CO 10:4.
For when the Lord said, on this rock I will build my church that is the fut-act-ind of the very oikodomeo = the church did not exist at the time that the Lord said it.
EPH 1:9 He has made known to us the mystery of His will.
The envy that would have existed on the part of the O.T. saints as they would envy what you have, would have been a distraction to their spiritual life in most cases.
No pastor can exercise his spiritual gift apart from dispensational orientation.
Because of this there are all kinds of substitute programs that have infiltrated the church..... which we call the dog and pony show.
1. The stereo type Christian is someone who has personally believed in Christ.
2. He is someone who is totally ignorant of God's plan as a member of the Royal family.
3. The stereo type Christian is someone who has no understanding of God's plan and therefore substitutes what he assumes or feels must be God's plan for his life.
4. The stereo-type Christian generally concludes that the goal of the Christian life and spirituality is living moral.
5. The stereo-type Christian assumes that the key to the Christian life is a sweet personality.
6. The stereo-type Christian attends church at least once a week.
7. The stereo-type Christian classifies anyone who is relaxed and enjoys life, especially when being pressured, as being worldly or carnal.
8. The stereo-type Christian regards the mature believer as a fanatic or cultish because he has never heard certain things or certain doctrines.
9. The stereo type Christian respects the pastor who doesn't have the time to study because he's too busy hustling around the church.
The congregation never really begins to study and learn the plan of God for them as a member of the Royal family.
10. The stereo-type Christian is always striving to be sweet but behind that facade of sweetness lies his real face of hypocrisy.
11. The average stereo type Christian is a critic and whatever he doesn't understand he considers to be wrong!
12. The stereo-type Christian is not usually interested in the sermon except for its length, he wants it to be short!
13. The stereo-type Christian likes a convenient pastor, one who counsels when he needs attention and one who doesn't offer the challenge of truth!
14. The stereo-type Christian can be easily conned!
15. The stereo-type Christian therefore, being ignorant of God's plan, is proud, legalistic, self-righteous, and a dropper of spiritual words and phrases.
16. The result of the stereo type Christian is a total failure in time and at the Bema seat judgment he is going to shrink away in embarrassment.
17. The stereo-type Christian develops mental blocks toward doctrinal teaching, 1TI 4:1, the results are an arrogant subjective believer!
18. The stereo type Christian can counterfeit an outward righteousness through change of behavior pattern, but he cannot counterfeit an inner change of integrity!
19. The stereo-type Christian loses to use cliché's or stereo type holy language, calling the Lord Thee or Thou, calling people brother, and always saying "praise the Lord"!
20. The stereo-type Christian uses facial expressions which stand for sincerity, such as the intense or serious look.