Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
The Doctrine of Emotion. Part 6.
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Point 5. Emotion and Spirituality must be Related to the Correct Dispensation.
In the Church-age, Christ is absent from the earth.
This dispensation is characterized by no ecstatics connected with the filling of the Holy Spirit.
In the Church-age, spirituality or the filling of the Holy Spirit produces the character of Christ.
Spirituality is minus emotion in the Church-age.
GAL 5:23 “against such things there is no law”
= legalism is helpless in bringing this about; it only gets in the way.
Emotion is never designed to produce character, but to respond to character.
Appreciation of Jesus Christ comes through perception of doctrine rather than emotional function.
Emotional function cannot produce integrity.
It cannot fulfill the Royal Family honor code.
It cannot apply doctrine.
Emotion is not a part of the filling of the Holy Spirit.
In the Church-age, emotion is a responder to many things in the right lobe, including doctrine, the laws of divine establishment, love, and patriotism, but emotional response is never the filling of the Holy Spirit.
You can be depressed for physiological reasons and still be filled with the Spirit.
Emotion and ecstatics have no spiritual content in this dispensation.
The purpose of the filling of the Holy Spirit is perception of doctrine, advance to spiritual maturity, production from your ambassadorship, but never the manufacture of ecstatics.
Ecstatics or emotionalism belongs to the entire human race; the filling of the Spirit belongs to the believer only.
The emotions can respond or react to the filling of the Spirit, but emotions cannot be the filling of the Holy Spirit.
Only in the Millennium when Christ is present on the earth and ruling the world does emotion or ecstatics characterize the filling of the Holy Spirit.
While there is no spiritual content to emotion in the Church-age, there is definite spiritual content to emotion in the Millennium.
In the future, there is coming a time when TLJC comes back for the second time to rule for 1,000 years; it is called the Millennium.
1. There will be world peace. National and individual peace will be the fruit of the Messiah’s reign, ISA 2:4; 11:6-9; 60:18; 61:7.
You’ll name your main street Salvation Way, and install Praise Park at the center of town.
Cynical scoffers will be an extinct species. Those who never missed a chance to hurt or demean will never be heard of again. Those who got off-track will get back on-track, and complainers and whiners will learn gratitude.
9. Sickness will be removed. The ministry of the King as the healer will be seen throughout the Millennium so that sickness and even death will be removed, the exception being “death” in dealing with criminal sin or capital punishment, ISA 33:24; JER 30:17; EZE 34:16.
10. All of the deformed are healed as well; if they were deformed at the time of the Second Advent they will experience a total healing, ISA 29:17-19; JER 31:8.
11. There will also be a supernatural work of preservation in the Millennial age through the King, ISA 41:8-14;EZE 34:27.
14. The earth’s population will soar and there will be sex. Children will be born to the believers who began the Millennium and will have a sin nature and therefore need salvation, JER 30:20; 31:29.
15. There will exist a perfect economic system in which the needs of men are abundantly provided for, ISA 62:9-19; 65:21-23.
16. There will be an increase of solar and lunar light. The increased light is a major cause of the increased productivity of the earth, ISA 4:5; 30:26.
17. There will be a unified language. The language barriers will be removed so that there can be free social intercourse, ZEP 3:9.
18. Perfect environment exists because Satan is bound and demons are removed, REV 20:3.