Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
Negative Volition, Part 5.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
He used part of his staff to find witches, he used his army to chase David, he uses the Lord’s name to get to the woman, and uses the woman to get what he wants.
EXO 20:7 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain.”
There are two areas the backslider uses... people and God.
1. This woman is demon possessed, and for a person to be demon possessed they must surrender their body to demons.
2. You cannot effectively witness to a demon possessed person until the demon is removed.
3. The witch of Endor believes the solemn promise or the vow of Saul.
4. The promise of Saul is no greater than the character of Saul.
We have two liars and they both deserve each other.
Only God’s word, Bible Doctrine, is the opposite of the satanic function of lying or living in a lie.
1JO 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth;
Saul came in disguise; the woman is already disguising herself. And God fakes them both out.
Saul was asleep in the congregation when Samuel taught about Gideon or Saul was absent from the congregation.
As a result when he needed doctrine the most he didn’t have it.
Saul is standing on the very spot that the story of Gideon took place. The very spot where 22,000 cowards lapped the water, while they dropped both knees and revealed their selfishness and lack of military training, is the very spot Saul is standing on.
Instead of being a coward himself he should have thought about the 22,000 that freaked out in Gideon’s army.
Saul could have also thought of the next 10 thousand men after that who failed the divine test, with the exception of 300 men.
The concentration on the water represents concentration on the details of life or the necessities of life.
300 men will think like soldiers while 9,700 men will act their part, untrained and unprepared.
He could have thought how Gideon and 300 men went up against 135,000 Arabs.
The tools of our trade aren’t for marketing or manipulation, but they are for demolishing that entire massively corrupt culture.
If Saul had simply remembered the history or the doctrine pertaining to Gideon he would have been victorious.
Satan is a liar and he lives by the lie.
He functions by the lie.
Demons have one purpose and that is to distract the unbeliever from the gospel and the believer from doctrine.
Demons control the person better when the person is in a trance so the trance is designed to fill her with the demon.
Satan constantly tries to claim divine power.
The woman is now filled with the "obh" demon and his job is to impersonate the dead.
Saw - Qal imperfect - raah = she kept on looking at Samuel.
The demon is immobilized and the woman is in shock.
Cried - Qal imperfect - zaaq = a series of screams.
The demon is now forced out of the woman; she has completely and totally lost her poise; she is terrified.
What’s amusing is that the king of Israel, King Saul, who has been frightened all day is not frightened at all. Ignorance blinds you from truth, even from fear at times.
Once the dumb demon loses the control of the woman’s vocal cords he has lost the control of the seance. Deceived - piel imperfect - ramah = to cause one to be deceived; to betray.
1. When a person becomes upset and hysterical their first reaction is to blame others.
2. It is obvious from this question that the woman is no longer in a trance.
3. Even though the woman is no longer demon possessed she is still upset.
4. Once the demon is gone the woman recognizes that it is Saul.
A normal person is more intelligent than a dumb demon. She specialized in deceiving others; now she is upset that she is being deceived.
5. The witch has now penetrated through the disguise of the king of Israel. She is now free to use the facets of her own soul.
When an unbeliever is demon possessed or when a believer is demon oppressed, which is being under demon influence, they are not normal.
The man who had the legion of demons - when the demons were removed they found him, MAR 5:15...clothed and in his right mind.
1. The departure of the demon now causes the woman to think clearly.
2. Doctrines of demons and demon influence in a believer’s life will cause the believer to become irrational and illogical.
3. The woman is frightened by this interruption whom she called Elohim.
4. When the Lord interrupts the seance, people begin to think.
When God interrupts anything in life it gives those involved the chance to think. Catastrophe is a means to awaken people out of their spiritual sleep.
AMO 3:6-7 If a calamity occurs in a city has not the Lord done it? Surely the Lord God does nothing Unless He reveals His secret counsel To His servants the prophets.
PRO 16:4 The Lord has made everything for its own purpose, Even the wicked for the day of evil.