Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
The Doctrine of Negative Volition, Part 7.
Friday, May 16, 2008
“Said” - Qal imperative - amar = Samuel actually said a lot more to Saul than what we have here.
“Why” - lammah = a very strong interrogative or question, a very strong exclamation.
1. When discipline becomes intensified for the believer who has negative volition toward doctrine, he becomes very selfish and very unpleasant to be around.
2. The believer who has negative volition toward doctrine also lacks compassion and love for others. He does not share your enthusiasms; he has no capacity for love or friendship.
3. The believer who has negative volition toward doctrine is also used by Satan to hinder the pastor from his academic responsibilities.
a. 1JO 1:9 (homologeo)
b. Repent (metanoia), REV 3:19
c. EPH 4:23 (soul-breathing)
a. Exposure on a consistent basis to doctrine
b. Setting aside of the details of life
c. Intensification and concentration toward a crash diet of BD.
Saul is very blasphemous; the Lord has not departed from Saul, Saul has departed from the Lord.
If God had deserted Saul and would not answer him by prophets, why is he expecting answers from Samuel who was a prophet?
The believer who has negative volition toward doctrine lacks logic, reason, and common sense.
Saul actually thought he could fool God and receive divine counsel from a witch and a dead prophet.
May make known - Hiphil infinitive - yada = to teach me.
If the Lord has departed from you and I am with the Lord, why ask me or why disturb me?
Sloppy thinking and poor manners are a part of NVTD.
1. Saul’s main problem is negative volition toward doctrine and therefore he has become an enemy of God.
Moichalis = having an intimate relationship with God as in a marriage, but those who relapse into the cosmic system are said to commit adultery or play the harlot, Eze 16, faithlessness to God.
Reversionism is not sinning; it is a spiritual state or a lifestyle that the believer who has negative volition toward doctrine lives in.
2. Reversionism is not the same as carnality.
3. The stages of negative volition toward doctrine:
a. Lack of interest toward doctrine.
b. Reaction toward doctrine or the communicator.
c. Mental attitude sins; rejection of EPH 5:18, EPH 4:23.
4. Arrogance is the lifestyle of the believer who has negative volition toward doctrine resulting in discouragement, boredom, self-pity, loneliness, frustration, fear, and insecurity.
5. The believer who has negative volition toward doctrine lives in the frantic search for happiness.
If the OSN is leaning toward its strength then there is a trend toward asceticism, legalistic so-called victorious living, supernatural experiences, human good, joining the signs and wonders crowd.
If the OSN is leaning toward its weakness then there is a trend toward immorality, drunkenness, fornication, partying, etc.
6. Another stage of reversionism for the believer who has negative volition toward doctrine is the reap what you sow stage or the operation boomerang.
The more that Saul chased David around and the more that David was kind and delivered him, the more intense became Saul’s jealousy, vindictiveness, implacability.
7. The emotional revolt of the soul.
The emotion is the feminine part of the soul, the mentality is the masculine part. Emotions are designed to respond to one’s thinking and not to revolt and call the shots.
If there is no free will, there is no God, because there is no love, no justice, no +R, no integrity.
8. The next stage of reversionism is bondage to the details of life, which means you are too busy for Bible teaching.
This stage can be as subtle as apathy toward doctrine, indifference toward doctrine, personality hang-ups with the pastor, personality hang-ups with certain members of the congregation.
9. The mataiotes stage = the vacuum opens up and draws in doctrines of demons.
There comes a time in the life of every believer when he will face a crisis, a disaster, a set of adverse circumstances which demand something greater than what he has from human resources.
Then when the crisis arrives, doctrine in the soul serves as a red alert system and allows the person to face adversity and glorify God.
Every believer has one P-T and when the P-T communicates BD in this manner, that BD is stored in the human spirit for the day of adversity, or the day of evil.
1SA 28:18 Because thou obeyedst not the voice of the LORD, - KJV
This is the sin unto death being administered to Saul and his army.
2SA 1:19 “Your beauty, O Israel, is slain on your high places! How have the mighty fallen!”
The self-centeredness of Saul immediately surfaced and he faints from shock.
The first of these is a soulish reason; he was not prepared for disaster in his soul.
The MAS of fear is what controls the self-consciousness.
Very afraid - meod - jare = to be extremely frightened.
JER 49:23 For they have heard bad news; They are disheartened. There is anxiety by the sea, It cannot be calmed.
PRO 8:36 “But he who sins against me injures himself; All those who hate me love death.”
The second reason was a physical reason.
Being very self-centered and selfish he was upset and couldn’t eat properly.
Loss of physical strength many times illustrates the spiritual condition.