Grace Bible Church
Robert R. McLaughlin
Friday, September 6, 2013
Throughout the Epistle to the Ephesians we are told such things as in EPH 2:2 not to walk according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air,
We are all told in EPH 4:3 to be diligent to preserve the unity of that comes from the Holy Spirit.
In EPH 4:22-27, we are told that in reference to our former manner of life, we are to lay aside the old self life, which is being corrupted in accordance with the lusts of deceit. we are told to constantly be renewed in the spirit of our mind or the breathing of our soul by having a fresh mental and spiritual attitude, we are to put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created by means of His righteousness and our holiness or devotion to the truth. We are not to give the devil an opportunity or a room in our soul.
In EPH 6:11, we will be able to Pick up and put on the full armor from God, and be able to hold our ground against the schemes or the strategies of the devil.
In EPH 6:13 Because of this, we will be able to pick up and put on the full armor from God and be able to hold our ground in the day when evil from Satan attacks us.
In EPH 6:16 in addition to all of this we can take up the shield of faith with which shield we will be able to extinguish all the flaming missiles of the evil one.
Our Lord also said in JOH 13:19, “From now on I am telling you all these things before they come to pass, so that when it does occur, you may believe that I am He.
TLJC indicated that many signs would arise together as His return draws near in MAT 24:33-34, where He said even so you too, when you see all these things, recognize that I am near, right at the door.
Although many of the prophecies in the Bible which we are about to note will not even begin to take place until the Tribulation period, and our generation is the first to see every trend in the beginning stage.
1. We are warned about false Bible teachers who would bring in heresies, have many followers, and cause others to reject God’s Word, in 2PE 2:1-2.
2PE 2:1-2, But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves. And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of the truth will be maligned;
2. These false prophets would be money hungry, smooth talkers in 2PE 2:3, and in their greed they will exploit you with false words; their judgment from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.
REV 11:9-10, And those from the peoples and tribes and tongues and nations will look at their dead bodies for three and a half days, and will not permit their dead bodies to be laid in a tomb. And those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them and make merry; and they will send gifts to one another, because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth.
REV 17:8-9, “The beast that you saw was and is not, and is about to come up out of the abyss and to go to destruction. And those who dwell on the earth will wonder, whose name has not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they see the beast, that he was and is not and will come.
4. In the last days we are also told that mankind would be capable of destroying all life, MAT 24:21-22.
MAT 24:21-22, for then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever shall. And unless those days had been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days shall be cut short.
But today, with nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons, it is possible to wipe out all flesh on planet earth.
5. The Bible predicts the use of nuclear weapons being anticipated in ZEC 14:12 Now this will be the plague with which the Lord will strike all the peoples who have gone to war against Jerusalem;
their flesh will rot while they stand on their feet, and their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongue will rot in their mouth.
6. In the last days there would be a global cry for peace, 1TH 5:3 While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly like birth pangs upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
7. Then the Antichrist would use false peace to destroy many according to DAN 8:23-25.