Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
The Eulogy and Faithfulness of Sarah.
Sunday, June 16, 2002
1. By this time Sarah had learned to be an excellent liar since her husband asked her to lie for him many times.
2. Sin of every kind is against the character and nature of God, but unbelief in particular because it questions the character and nature of God.
MAT 7:6 “Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.”
MAR 16:14 He appeared to the eleven themselves as they were reclining at the table; and He reproached them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they had not believed those who had seen Him after He had risen.
3. Sarah teaches us the need that we have to guard against unbelief in our own personal lives.
HEB 3:12 Take care, brethren, lest there should be in any one of you an evil, unbelieving heart, in falling away from the living God.
1. Sarah was the only wife of Abraham, GEN 11:29.
2. She was barren and had no child, GEN 11:30.
3. She was betrayed by Abram to the Pharaoh in Egypt, GEN 12:15.
4. She was rescued by the Lord, GEN 12:17.
5. GEN 16:1-4 - she blamed the Lord for her barrenness and told Abraham go in to her slave girl Hagar and have a child by her.
6. GEN 16:5 - she blamed Abraham for obeying her and having sex with her female slave Hagar.
7. GEN 16:6 - she tortured Hagar and almost killed her because of jealousy.
8. GEN 18:12 - she laughed at the fact that the Lord said that she would bear a child.
9. GEN 18:15 Sarah denied it, saying, “I did not laugh;” for she was afraid. And He said, “No, but you did laugh.”
10. GEN 20:2 - Abraham sold her out once again and told her to lie and let the King of Gerah take her into his harem. 11. GEN 20:3 - TLJC was faithful to her and rescued her when He said to Abimelech in a dream, “You are a dead man because of the woman whom you have taken.”
12. GEN 21:2 - Sarah conceived and bore a son to Abraham in his old age as God had promised. 13. GEN 21:9-10 - she saw Ishmael mocking Isaac and told Abraham to send them both away.
14. God told Abraham to listen to Sarah, GEN 21:12.
15. ISA 51:2 - Sarah is called the mother of the Jewish race.
16. HEB 11:11 - Sarah made Gods hall of fame and became a mature believer.
17. 1PE 3:6 - her marvelous humility was manifested by the fact that even though her husband had not been faithful to her, Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord.
18. GEN 23:1 - Sarah died at the age of 127.
Rebound demands that you operate in the precise correct procedure documented for you in the Word of God.
a. Name it, 1JO 1:9.
b. Isolate it, HEB 12:15.
c. Forget it. PHI 3:13 forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,
d. Keep moving. PHI 3:14 “I keep advancing toward the objective for the prize of the upward call from God in Christ Jesus.”
e. Stay on the playing field, 2Jo 8-9.
a. Name it, 1JO 1:9. b. Isolate it, HEB 12:15. c. Forget it, PHI 3:13. d. Keep moving, PHI 3:14. e. Stay on the playing field, 2Jo 8-9.
Robert R. McLaughlin All Rights Reserved 2002