Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
Every believer starts out with the same amount of faith, but none of us end up that way.
Sunday, May 9, 2004
Virtue is the foundation on which that which is true, honorable, just, and that which is true personal love and of proper motivation, and that which is commendable is built upon.
PHI 4:8 if there is any virtue [and there is in the winner believer] and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things.
Every believer starts out with the same amount of faith but none of us end up that way.
We all start out with an equal amount of faith and then we are given equal privilege and equal opportunity to cultivate or develop that faith.
DEU 30:19 I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live,
Grace – charis = the policy of God toward man. Grace is God’s right to deal with us on the basis of the cross.
Grace always depends on the character and nature of God.
Morality produced by the laws of divine establishment recognizes the sacredness of life.
Grace is the policy of God the Father.
Grace is the work of God the Son.
Grace is the enabling power of the Spirit.
God will never bless you because of human merit, God blesses you because you have His righteousness.
God blesses on the basis of His merit, His virtue, His holiness.
Those of you who are born again made one non-meritorious decision to believe in TLJC, and at that moment God did at least 40 things for you.
1. He imputed to you, (your soul), His righteousness.
2. He created in you a human spirit and gave you eternal life, TIT 3:5.
Arrogance is usually the result of the combination of emotion with stupidity.
The imputation of righteousness at salvation means instant justification and a lifetime of grace provision.
2PE 1:3 seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence.
God has established the means whereby He can give to us magnificent things without compromising His attributes.
The correct word order = “Grace to you.”
HEB 10:23b “He who promised is faithful.”
ROM 4:21 And [Abraham] being fully assured that what He [the Lord] had promised, He [the Lord] was able also to perform.
1. PSA 37:3 “Trust in the Lord, and produce divine good, and you will receive all that is needed for your life.”
2. Unlimited blessings are promised to those who believe –
MAR 9:23 “All things are possible to him who believes.”
3. MAR 11:24 “Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they shall be given to you.”
4. LUK 17:6 And the Lord said, “If you had faith like a mustard seed, you would say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and be planted in the sea’; and it would obey you.”
5. JOH 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,
6. JOH 6:35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me shall not hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.”
7. PSA 30:5 Weeping may last for the night, But a shout of joy comes in the morning.
8. PSA 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous; But the Lord delivers him out of them all.
9. PSA 41:3 The Lord will sustain you upon your sickbed; In your illness, The Lord will restore you to health.
10. PSA 50:15 And call upon Me in the day of trouble; I shall rescue you, and you will honor Me.
11. PSA 138:7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble, Thou wilt revive me; thou wilt stretch forth thy hand against the wrath of my enemies, and thy right hand will save me.
12. ISA 43:2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you.
13. JOH 14:1-2 Let not your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.
14. ROM 8:28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
15. 2CO 12:9 And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.”
16. REV 21:4 and He shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there shall no longer be any death; there shall no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.
17. PSA 41:1 How blessed is he who considers the helpless; The Lord will deliver him in a day of trouble.
PRO 22:9 He who is generous will be blessed,
LUK 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, they will pour into your lap. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return.
18. PSA 34:18 The Lord is near to the brokenhearted, And delivers those who are crushed in spirit.
JER 3:22 “Return, O faithless sons, I will heal your faithlessness.” “Behold, we come to Thee; For Thou art the Lord our God.”
HOS 14:1 Return, O Israel, to the Lord your God, For you have stumbled because of your iniquity.
Joel 2:13 Now return to the Lord your God, For He is gracious and compassionate, Slow to anger, abounding in lovingkindness, And relenting of evil.
19. There are the special promises to those who serve and honor God, the special rewards.
DAN 12:3 And those who have insight will shine brightly like the brightness of the expanse of heaven, and those who lead the many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever.
20. MAR 9:41 “For whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because of your name as followers of Christ, truly I say to you, he shall not lose his reward.”
ROM 2:10 but glory and honor and prosperity to every one who produces good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.