Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
Fear will torment you and punish you. Part 1.
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
This is a verse that teaches that God is not a respecter of persons and that salvation in time and in eternity is available to all members of the human race.
HEB 2:14-15, Since then the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil; and might deliver those who through fear of death were subject to slavery all their lives.
Point 10. Summary
(1) Fear is met and destroyed with courage.
(2) When you face your fear, most of the time you will discover that it was not really such a big threat after all.
(3) Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.
(4) Most of our problems would be totally solved if, instead of fearing to face them, we should make up our minds to walk boldly through them.
(5) Whenever we’re afraid, its because we don’t know enough. If we understood enough, we would never be afraid.
(6) Whenever we fear something, we give that which we fear power over us.
(7) You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face.
(8) Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear – not absence of fear.
a. Fear is used for a mental attitude sin, characterized by panic when in a dangerous situation as well as intimidation.
Fear is a painful emotional distress aroused by impending pain, danger, disaster, evil or by illusions regarding the same. It can be fear of something that is real or imaginable.
1JO 4:18 There is no fear in virtue-love; but mature love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not matured in love.
Fear is worry, apprehension, consternation, or horror.
Usually they run away from the problem like a frightened horse or they close their doors and hide from society.