Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
The final conclusion of the 1st part of Romans 9 vs 1-19, Part 1.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Conclusion = the origin of Israel and its significance and application to history.
1. God is not arbitrary or inconsistent, He functions in compatibility with His perfect integrity, plus His perfect plan of grace.
2. Man continues to be a free agent in history, responsible for his own decisions, his thoughts, his actions, his motives.
3. God in grace has no way to take the non-meritorious actions of man known by His omniscience in eternity past, and relate it to the positive volition of grace.
4. What I’ve just described is one of the main problems in interaction among people.
Spiritual drought does give stability, but people are still going to express their old sin natures.
God knew this billions and billions of years ago, and yet He still provided a system of blessing, and actually has the opportunity of showing mercy, which is the production of divine blessing.
Both Esau and Jacob (twins), had the same potential, they had the same imputation of Adam’s sin, one of them made it and one of them did not.
Esau remained in his OSN all his life, whereas Jacob made salvation adjustment to the justice of God and that made the difference in how the Jewish race was formed.
Abraham and Nahor (brothers), had the same potential from the same imputation, Nahor never made it, but Abraham did, salvation adjustment to the justice of God.
The same thing was true with Ishmael and with Isaac, both had the same potential.
4. God desires to show mercy to those believers who appropriate grace blessing through non-meritorious perception and the accumulation of doctrine in the soul.
Every printout that is to your advantage is based upon the fact that you learned a long time ago that Bible doctrine and understanding the grace of God was the most important thing in your life.
You persisted on a daily basis of taking in this doctrine, doctrine, doctrine, doctrine.
Not only pouring out blessings, but preparing you for what inevitably is going to occur in every generation, and definitely in ours, the historical disaster of the future.
Hardening is making you live with your own negative thoughts and your own negative volition.
5. God shows mercy on whom He wills because He knew our decisions billions and billions of years ago, and therefore knowing all of these things, He’s qualified to have mercy.
6. If He wants to harden someone, He lets them live with their own negative volition in time, in Hades and eventually in the lake of fire.
If He didn’t have on His tape of the divine decrees the fact that Abraham believed in the Lord and was credited to him for righteousness, how could God do these things for him?
Unless they believe in Jesus Christ, they do not have plus R, they do not have eternal life, and therefore there’s no way that the Jews who have the genes of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the Jews who have human life only can have these blessings.
Therefore they are really not true Jews, they are racial Jews, the physical seed of Abraham. But they are not spiritual Jews, the regenerate seed of Abraham, the spiritual seed.
7. The racial Jew has a great spiritual heritage, but the grace heritage has no meaning until he is justified, he is adopted as the heir and an adult son through faith in Jesus Christ, the Shekinah Glory, the God of Israel.
8. To be a son of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is nothing until a Jew becomes a son of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
9. Israel has an eternity future. But the Jew must be adopted as an adult son. He must have a readout called justification. He must have a printout called election. He must have printout called foreordination.
ROM 9:6 However, this rejection [of the Jews concerning their spiritual heritage] is not to imply as though the word of God has failed. For they are not all Israel who are descended from Israel;
10. Abraham, Isaac and Jacob believed in Jehovah Elohim or the Lord Jesus, and therefore God willed to have mercy on them and all those who follow in their pattern of faith alone in Christ alone.
ISA 44:22, I have wiped out your transgressions like a thick cloud, and your sins like a heavy mist. Return to Me, for I have redeemed you,
HEB 8:12, For I will be merciful to their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more.
HEB 10:17, And their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.
MIC 7:18, Who is a God like Thee, who pardons iniquity and passes over the rebellious act of the remnant of His possession?
MIC 7:19...Yes You will cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.
Feared in the Hebrew is the word “jare” which means reverently worshipped.
ISA 38:17c, For You have cast all their sins behind their back.
JER 31:34c, “For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”
COL 2:13 .....He made you alive together with him, having forgiven us all our transgressions.
EPH 1:7, In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace,
ISA 43:25, “I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake [because of my honor and [integrity]. Furthermore, I will not remember your sin.”
1JO 2:12, I am writing to you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for His name’s sake.
11. Abraham, Isaac and Jacob advanced in the spiritual life in spite of their failures, therefore, God desired to show them mercy by imputation of blessing from the justice of God.