Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
Freedom to walk in newness of life. Part2.
Friday, February 19, 2010
In Lev 16 on the Day of Atonement the high priest presented two goats. One was sacrificed. To the other the sins of the people were transferred and he was sent into the wilderness forever.
Like the scapegoat the OSN has been sentenced to death and no longer has power over the believer, however it still remains a source of temptation until physical death.
By identification with the burial of Christ our sins and our human good have lost their power, being sent away forever.
As far as the east is from the west,
So far has He removed our transgressions from us.
Identification with Christ’s spiritual death means separation from personal sins and rejection of good and evil.
ZEC 3:3 Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments and standing before the angel. And he spoke and said to those who were standing before him saying, "Remove the filthy garments from him." Again he said to him, "See, I have taken your iniquity away from you and will clothe you with festal robes." Then I said, "Let them put a clean turban on his head." So they put a clean turban on his head and clothed him with garments, while the angel of the Lord was standing by.
“newness” - unusual, astonishing, extraordinary, remarkable, unheard of.
1. Newness of life is the grace environment provided through the baptism of the Spirit for the blessings of the justice of God to the mature believer.
2. Newness of life provides something better than Adam had in the garden of Eden.
3. Newness of life is freedom from the policy and the plan of Satan as the ruler of the world.
4. Newness of life is freedom from the sovereignty of the old sin nature as the ruler of life.
5. Walking in newness of life is the calling or way of life of the mature believer.
6. Hence, newness of life is a descriptive term for the blessings, the security, the grace environment of the new believer.
7. Newness of life does not refer to the status quo of the immature believer, the baby or the adolescent. It only refers to the one who has cracked the maturity barrier.
8. Newness of life refers to life on the other side of the maturity barrier.
9. Note that the newness of life is potential (the potential subjunctive of peripateo) and this potentiality can only be converted into reality through the capacity factor—maximum doctrine resident in the soul.
10. God’s plan for life can only function on the power system of B.D. and the ministry of God the Holy Spirit. There are no substitutions.
United in the likeness of His death - retroactive positional truth = the OSN, the old man, the old Adamic nature, the flesh has been crucified and buried.
United in the likeness of His resurrection - current positional truth = the new life of Christ given through union with Him while He sits at the right hand of God.
This verse means that the policy of good and evil, both as to its policy and as to its function, it destroyed through the baptism of the Holy Spirit. This is a positional destruction.
Being united with Him in His resurrection we have the basis for newness of life. Newness of life = the status quo of the mature believer.
The old sin nature is not eradicated, but rather we have freedom from the power and the tyranny of the old sin nature as the ruler of our lives.
Being identified with Christ in resurrection gives the potential to walk in newness of life which is manifested by fruit production.
The sole purpose of a vine is to supply nutrients to the branches so that they might bear fruit. You are not on this earth for Christ; Christ came on this earth for you.
You can glorify His word and His plan by abiding in His word and allowing the truth to set you free and in that way you glorify the deity of the Trinity: Father - Author; Son - executor; Spirit - revealer and power source.