Grace Bible Church
Robert R. McLaughlin
August 17, 2018
Our Lord was inviting the Jews to come back to Him and be restored because He has compassion and forgiveness for those who truly desire Him no matter what it cost.
- Relationship with yourself
2. Relationship with God
3. Relationship in the marriage.
4. Relationships within the family unit
- Relationships in the Church
6. Relationships in your social life
7. Relationships in heaven with all the saints forever.
HOS 5:15 - the Lord said to the regenerate Jews who had fallen away from Him and ignored their spiritual obligations which was two-fold:
- To preach the Gospel to anyone who was willing to hear it as the born-again Jews were told and taught how to present the Gospel to, first, the Jews and then to the gentiles.
- The importance of communicating the doctrines found in the Old Testament to those who have believed on the Lord (Jehovah).
There were even those who would serve God but with the wrong motivation, and therefore the Lord had to rebuke them and warn them that they would be disciplined by the Lord if they served Him with wrong motivation.
This entire chapter breaks down to the major blessings and cursings that the Lord promises to those who love, honor and obey Him, and those who choose to be disobedient to divine authority.
He desires to see His people serving Him out of love and happiness and contentment rather than guilt or manipulation.
There are NO chapter breaks in the original language because chapter breaks came from man are not inspired by the Holy Spirit but by man who did an excellent Job putting all the chapters together.
2PE 1:20-21, But know this first of all, that no prophecy or prediction of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation, for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.
The reviving of the Jews after two days can refer to the prophecy being stated where a day to the Lord is like a thousand years and a thousand years is like a day, 2Pe 3:8.
Our Lord's faithfulness to us, under E.P. and E.O. especially when we give something over or turn things over to the Lord for vindication.
The same principles of equality that exist between the Trinity when it comes to His knowledge, His power or His presence also exists in their being faithful.
God the Father is said to be faithful in Jam 1:17 Every good thing bestowed and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation, or shifting shadow.
God the Son, the Lord Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and today, and forever - Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, yes and forever.
God the Holy Spirit is faithful to indwell us and teach us but manly to glorify TLJC by teaching us all about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, Joh 14:26-28.
JOH 14:20 "In that day you shall know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.
To be worried and concerned is to reject the nature of God and His divine attributes and become a loser believer.
God doesn't change and therefore He who has cared for His child through all the years, will not forsake him in old age.
He who has heard your prayers in the past will not refuse to supply your need in the present.
God is greatly honored when under testing for blessing or chastening, we have proper thoughts toward Him and recognize His divine attributes in action.
The sooner we trust in Him in all of our affairs being fully persuaded and convinced of His love toward us, the sooner we will find true meaning, satisfaction, and contentment in life.
Forgiveness is God's manifestation of His love.
1Jo 2:12 "I am writing to you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for His name's sake."
Because God has forgiven us, believers are commanded to forgive one another in Eph 4:32 which is an imperative mood.
Forgiving one another is not only a command but it is needed for fellowship and unity in a local assembly.
MAR 11:26 "If you do not forgive, neither will your Father who is in heaven forgive your transgressions."
What this adds up to is this: no more lies, no more pretense.
In Christ's body we're all connected to each other, after all. When you lie to others, you end up lying to yourself.
This command to be kind to one another, tender‑hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you is for the believer who has attained spiritual growth.
He is tender-hearted and forgives others on the basis of the fact that God has forgiven him.
Forgiving others allows God to handle the situation rather than self.
If you have failed under disaster testing or like the Jews you are blaming others, just simply name and cite it and go on.
EXO 14:14, The Lord will fight for you while you keep silent."
Col 3:13 "Bear one another and forgiving each other. Whoever has a complaint against anyone else, just as the Lord forgave you, so also you should forgive others."
This is guidance and direction concerning how to function under the Supreme Court of Heaven without any resentment.
What overcomes our resentment is that which David said in Psa 103:3 The Lord pardons all our iniquities; and heals all our diseases.
Eph 1:7 "In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace,"
We are under surveillance by a super-natural system of demon investigators. These demon investigators have a book or a journal or a diary of your life. (Big Brother is not coming, Big Brother is already here!).
HEB 4:16 Let us therefore draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and may find grace to help in time of need.
COL 1:16 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities‑‑ all things have been created by Him and for Him.
The only thing that hinders a judgment from being carried out is that a believer gets in the way through reaction, seeking revenge, arrogance sins, emotional sins, lust to hurt others.
One of the main attributes that God uses as the Supreme Court Judge is His power or omnipotence which means He has the ability to use His power any time He wills to do so.
Omnipotence = all powerful and limitless in ability. Gen 17:1 Now when Abram was ninety‑nine years old, the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, "I am God Almighty; Walk before Me, and be blameless.
Nothing is too difficult for Him, Gen 18:14 "Is anything too difficult for the Lord? At the appointed time I will return to you, at this time next year, and Sarah shall have a son."
Isa 40:26 lift up your eyes on high and see who has created these stars, the One who leads forth their host by number, He calls them all by name; because of the greatness of His might and the strength of His power not one of them is missing.
Jer 27:5 "I have made the earth, the men and the beasts which are on the face of the earth by My great power and by My outstretched arm, and I will give it to the one who is pleasing in My sight."
God's power is NOT manifested by muscle, His power is in His word and whatever He says happens. As Heb 1:3 says "He upholds all things by the word of His power."
Point 2. The Supreme Court of Heaven is Always Open and Available for Believers Only.
The Lord is with you and available to you no matter what it is that you are bringing to the SCOH.
If you desire for Him to take over whatever is that is hindering you or prohibiting you from serving God with joy and inner happiness then give whatever it is that is taunting you ---- Let it Go.
We need to understand some of the very basic principles that we need to be aware of when we are serving God with joyfulness of heart.
The supreme court of heaven is composed of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, and hears cases related to the following categories:
- Evil in the world.
b. Sinfulness and injustice in human affairs.
c. The rise and the fall of nations.
d. Anti-Semitism, personal or national.
- Conflicts among believers.
f. Satanic accusations against believers.
g. Divine discipline of believers.
h. Child abuse.
These are the areas we all need to test concerning if we want to go to the SCOH for a verdict or handle the situation ourselves, especially when it comes to some very serious sins our Lord mentions.
The word of God reveals that evil people very easily blend right in with those who look innocent and those who look guilty.
ISA 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness; Who substitute bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
ROM 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, --- which led me to my opinion that I've taught for years --- People Suck!
PSA 118:8-9, It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man. It is better to take refuge in the Lord Than to trust in princes.
- Evil in the world. 1TH 5:21-22, But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good; 1TH 5:22 abstain from every form of evil.
- Sinfulness and injustice in human affairs. PSA 53:1 The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God," They are corrupt, and have committed abominable injustice; There is no one who does good.
- The rise and the fall of nations. REV 2:26 'And he who overcomes, and he who keeps My deeds until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations;
- Anti-Semitism, personal or national. GEN 12:3 And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed."
- Conflicts among believers. JAM 4:2 You lust and do not have; so you commit murder. And you are envious and cannot obtain; so you fight and quarrel. You do not have because you do not ask.
- f. Satanic accusations against believers. REV 12:10 "Now the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren has been thrown down, who accuses them before our God day and night.
- Divine discipline of believers. HEB 12:5-6, "My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, Nor faint when you are reproved by Him; For those whom the Lord loves He disciplines, And He scourges every son whom He receives. "
- Child abuse. MAT 18:6 Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it is better for him that a heavy millstone be hung around his neck, and that he be drowned in the depth of the sea.