Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
God will perform what He has promised.
Thursday, January 31, 2008
This new spiritual species or the new creature provides equal privilege and equal opportunity for all believers to execute God’s will, plan, and purpose for the Church-age.
COL 4:5 Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity.
(1) The new spiritual species is created by the baptism of the Spirit at salvation.
(2) The new spiritual species is forever protected from liability at the last judgment; you cannot lose your salvation, ROM 8:1.
(3) The new spiritual species possesses eternal life, 1JO 5:11-12.
(4) The new spiritual species possesses a double divine righteousness: The imputed perfect righteousness of God the Father, ROM 3:22, and the perfect righteousness we share with TLJC through positional sanctification,1CO 1:30.
1CO 1:30 But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,
(5) The new spiritual species has an inheritance protected by the omnipotence of God.
1PE 1:4 “We are guarded by the omnipotence of God through faith at the moment of salvation.”
(6) Being a new spiritual species is not progressive.
(7) Being a new spiritual species is not an emotion or an experience.
(8) Being a new spiritual species is not related to any form of human works or human merit.
(9) The new spiritual species of the Church-age is both justified and sanctified, ROM 3:24; 1CO 1:2, 30; HEB 10:10,14.
HEB 10:10 By this will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
(10) The new spiritual species is unique to the Church-age, never existed in any previous dispensation, nor will it exist in any future dispensation.
We have more going for us than even Adam had in the perfect environment of the Garden, or any group of people in history.
Our impact is not only extensive and invisible in human history, but it also extends into the angelic conflict with the elect and fallen angels.
After four racial species (descendants of Shem, Ham, Japheth, and Abraham), there now exists something far greater, a new spiritual species.
Your ideas and dreams of happiness, greatness or prosperity, are nothing compared to what God provides, which is beyond what you can think or imagine.
If we are commanded to do something in the word of God then we can expect to receive from God the power and ability to do so.
The Christian way of life is a supernatural way of life and demands a supernatural means of execution.
It is also interesting to note that each new species, the racial Jew and the new spiritual species, the church, originates from a category of biblical death.
Israel originated from Abraham’s sexual death, ROM 4:17-21; HEB 11:11-12.
The church originates from the baptism of the Holy Spirit, our identification with the substitutionary spiritual death of Christ on the cross.
GAL 2:20 “I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and delivered Himself up for me.”
ROM 6:3 Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death?
This ritual was related to Abraham’s supergrace sexual prosperity and represented his adjustment to the justice of God.
Circumcision is a sign, a token, a training aid, of all that is related to the ultra supergrace prosperity of Abraham and the Jews.
ROM 8:32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?
Throughout the word of God, momentous occasions are accompanied by permanent training aids.
In the founding of the new race, the Jew, a permanent training aid was set up and that is the ritual for circumcision. In the founding of the new nation, Israel, a permanent training aid was set up; the Levitical offerings, the tabernacle, and the holy days were permanent training aids.
In the bringing forth of the new spiritual species, the Church, the Lord’s supper was instituted as a training aid and as a momentous occasion to commemorate the doctrinal principle of the Lord supper.
Justification, propitiation, expiation, reconciliation, redemption.