Grace Bible Church
Robert R. McLaughlin
The devil is very pleased when he gets an individual looking at good human works, feelings, self, etc. rather than Christ.
It is interesting that man became a lost sinner by a look!
“Turn to Me, and be saved, all the ends of the earth;
For I am God, and there is no other.”
Guest Speaker: Pastor Joe Sugrue
January 6, 2009
fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus;
The significance of a symbol lies in its pointing to something more precious than itself.
Even the things which have been ordained by God for blessing may be so misused as to become a curse.
Consider the Bible which contains a revelation of the character and the will of God; but the Bible can become a curse unless it reveals to us the one who is to be worshipped.
No good thing, however good it may be, must be allowed to come between our souls and God!
but these have been written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.
Since God is perfect, His plan is perfect. Man’s biggest problem which was sin, was solved by a perfect God in eternity past!
And all who dwell on the earth will worship him [the beast], everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain.
There will never be a trial, a testing or suffering too great for the plan of God to handle.
“loved” = aor-act-ind of agapao.
Love requires thought not emotion.
Millions of years ago, God thought about you.
And, when He thought about you, He loved you!!
Active voice = God the Father loved you before you ever loved Him,
1 JOH 4:19
We love, because He first loved us.
Never get caught up in only one attribute of God. That leads to false doctrines which result in dangerous thinking. It’s not only about love. It’s about everything that God is.
Ind mood = the reality of God’s love.
God’s love for both the believer and unbeliever is centered on the cross.
When a member of the human race bypasses the cross or rejects Christ as his or her personal Savior, He then becomes the object of divine wrath.
People often wonder why there is a hell. First of all MAT 25:41 tells us hell was prepared for the devil and his angels.
God is love and He is also righteous, just and holy,
The Bible is very dogmatic about a literal hell, over 162 texts in the N.T. alone.
Hell is a place where others can be recognized,
Hell is a place where people will pray but will not be heard,
Hell is a place where desire remains unfulfilled,
(LUK 16:24-27;REV 22:11).
“World” – kosmos = the world of human beings who possess OSN’s (not the system).
God loves those who are incapable of loving Him.
When God loves His love always produces a result or an action.
Love gives. Love does not try to get. Love gives.
“His only begotten son” – monogenes = only born son; uniquely born son. J.C. was the only member of the human race born without an OSN!
“Whosoever” = Christ died for all, not just the elect or just the church. When J.C. was judged on the cross for sins He paid for the sins of the entire human race.
When J.C. died on the cross He died and was judged for every single sin from Adam to the last one in the millennium.
“Believes” – pres-act-part of pisteuo = faith, a non meritorious system of perception.
Since the beginning of time every person who has ever been saved was saved in exactly the same way, by faith in Jesus Christ!
“Perish” – apoloumi = to fully destroy from the ultimate source of yourself. God never sent anyone to hell.
“What more was there to do for My vineyard that I have not done in it?
Why, when I expected it to produce good grapes did it produce worthless ones?”
“Perish” – apoloumi (aor-mid-subj)
Aor tense = the final judgment;
mid voice = “benefit”: you are benefited by not destroying yourself form NVT J.C.;
subj mood = this destruction is a potential for everyone.
“Have” – pres-act-subj echo = to have and to hold
Everlasting – aionios = eternal life
1) One of the main root difficulties of all human speculation is the fact that man does not know the true meaning of sin and holiness!
2) The serious and devastating effect of sin is revealed by the fact that sin demanded of God the greatest sacrifice He could make!
3) Holiness must be respected and honored!
After having screamed to the utmost from His humanity, “My God, My God, why hast Though forsaken Me?”, our Lord added the words, “but Thou art holy”,
4) Hell is real and we can trust that God has devised the best solution to handle the problem with evil!
5) Since God has said, without condition, that the fallen angels will be cast into the lake of fire, for their rebellion, He would be found to be unjust and unrighteous if human fate was different!
6) Human opinion is constantly intruding upon things it knows nothing about.
7) The most misleading error concerning hell is that which falls back in blind dependence upon one attribute of God, His love.
8) To say that hell does not exist is to render the death of Christ unnecessary.
9) God has provided a perfect salvation when love motivated the payment of such a price that a sinner may be saved and holiness remains untarnished. Man is a fool to question the existence of eternal punishment.
10) The message of God’s grace to sinful men is not merely a proclamation of eternal condemnation.
It is rather that the chief of sinners may be saved through the Savior that infinite love has provided.