Grace Bible Church
Robert R. McLaughlin
Sunday, June 25, 2017
The books that are opened are books that are the records of every member of the human race who have their entire lives completely documented.
PHI 2:13 for it is God [the Holy Spirit] who is at work in you, both to will and to work above and beyond His good pleasure.
PHI 1:6 For I am confident of this very thing, that He who has begun in you an absolute good work will complete it until the day of Christ Jesus.
1TH 5:24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.
JOB 23:14 “For He performs what is appointed for me, And many such decrees are with Him.
1CO 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me.
ROM 8:29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the first‑born among many brethren;
All these books are written about our life, from the beginning to the end. It is these books that the Supreme Court Judge uses to evaluate the cases that are brought before Him.
An ancient custom was to keep the various kinds of genealogical records as in a book known as a book of life as in Neh 7:5.
These are: (a) Book of Wars: Num 21:14. This was a collection of war songs celebrating the glorious acts of God on behalf of Israel.
PSA 56:8 Thou hast taken account of my wanderings; Put my tears in Thy bottle; Are they not in Thy book?
(d) Book of Those Physically Alive (a dooms day book): Exo 32:32-33.
EXO 32:32 “But now, if Thou wilt, forgive their sin‑‑ and if not, please blot me out from Thy book which Thou hast written!”
EXO 32:33 And the Lord said to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against Me, I will blot him out of My book.
(e) The Book of Works: Rev 20:12-13. This consists of a record of the deeds of unbelievers as a basis of their judgment proving they all fall short of the righteousness of Jesus Christ; Dan 7:9-10; Rom 3:19-24.
Point 5. In our doctrine deals with The Royal Family Honor Code is directly related to the Supreme Court of Heaven.
The word bless is eulogeite which is a pres-act-imp and it means to speak well of, to honor.
Persecute is the pres-act-part of dioko, which in the present tense, they habitually pursue after you, they persecute you, and the participle tells us that their purpose is to make you miserable and to persecute you.
Prin: Do not make someone else’s problem of treating you unfair your problem by getting out of fellowship and reacting.
Prin: Through the arrogance or emotional complex of sins, you have ruined your own case before the Lord.
As vs 20 says, if your enemy is hungry, feed him, if he is thirsty, give him water.
This refers to a desperate need that an individual has and the believer who operates in the royal family honor code fulfills that need when possible.
When it says that you will pile coals on his head, that can either refer to an ancient custom of giving coals to keep a fire going, or the mental pain and shame that takes place from being treated with integrity by another.
The absolute good includes the function of grace in the royal family honor code and putting on the breastplate of righteousness.
Prin: By feeding your enemy when he is hungry, the believer leaves hostility from others in the hands of the Lord.
prin: This is tantamount to dependence on the integrity of God rather than on revenge and retaliation.
Third prin: This is also the function of impersonal love. The royal family honor code never mandates the believer to stoop to the level of vindication, implacability, hatred, arrogance, or bitterness toward other believers.
Prin: The benefits of grace demand the function of grace.
Retaliation interferes with the justice of God punishing others.
In vs 21, revenge or retaliation is being overcome or conquered by evil.
Overcoming or conquering evil by means of the good (Rom 12:21) is the motivation of grace orientation and the procedure and policy of grace function in the royal family honor code.
- Grace orientation. [P.S.D. Nu 4] B. Impersonal love for all mankind. [P.S.D. Nu 7] C. Occupation with the person of Christ, [P.S.D. #10].
- Nothing you can say in your own defense when dealing with implacable and vindictive persons will ever do any good.
- You cannot defend or justify yourself to implacable or irrational persons.
- Therefore the matter must be placed in the Lord’s hands for the proper function of the faith rest drill.
- Once placed before the supreme court of heaven through the F.R.D., the outcome must be left in the Lord’s hands.
- Remember that the function of the F.R.D. Is designed to place the problem in the Lord’s hands for a solution and vindication, and to leave it there.
Who are the adversaries of God? God makes war against the proud, but He gives grace to the humble……and remember we are talking about born again believers.
Point 6, deals with how you should function as a “plaintiff” in the supreme court of heaven operating in the faith rest drill.
The plaintiff is the one who begins the personal action of taking something to the supreme court of heaven to obtain a judicial decision.
The believer who makes his appeal as a plaintiff must understand that he or she may be more at fault in the matter, and may suddenly become a defendant in the case instead of a plaintiff.
The plaintiff is disciplined rather than the defendant, for the Lord knows all the facts in the case.
- First of all we learn that God can take any type of evil situation and convert it into divine good.
This is what Joseph said to his brothers who had betrayed him in Gen 50:20, and as for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good.
- We also learn that whenever someone tries to curse or destroy another believer, the Lord will turn the curse into a blessing when the believer operates in the F.R.D.
DEU 23:5 the Lord your God turned the curse into a blessing for you because the Lord your God loves you.
- This is why the Bible teaches that even when evil comes against you, the Lord can turn it into a blessing, providing that you operate in the F.R.D. And let him handle the situation.
DEU 32:41 If I sharpen My flashing sword, and My hand takes hold on justice, I will render vengeance on My adversaries, and I will repay those who hate Me.
- Therefore, the believer does not have to fight and defend himself, God will do that for the believer who operates in the F.R.D.
2Th 1:6 for after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you,
- The believer then is told stop being anxious and worried and let God handle any unjust and unfair situation, in ISA 35:4.
ISA 35:4 say to those with anxious heart, “take courage, fear not. Behold, your God will come with vengeance; the recompense of God will come, and He will deliver you.”
- Because of this we are commanded never to take revenge on anyone for anything, Rom 12:19.
- If you are being mistreated in any situation, do not lift up your hand against another person, 1SA 24:12.
1SA 24:12 “may the Lord judge between you and me, and may the Lord avenge me on you; but my hand shall not be against you.
- If you have been robbed by another believer do not take out your vengeance and frustration on him, give it over to the Lord, 1Th 4:6.
1Th 4:6 and that no man transgress and defraud his brother in the matter because the Lord is the avenger in all these things, just as we also told you before and solemnly warned you.
- Never repay evil with evil and give someone what you think that they deserve, Pro 20:22.
Pro 20:22 do not say, “I will repay evil”; wait for the Lord, and He will save you.
- When someone has wronged you let the Lord repay him according to his deeds, 2TI 4:14.
2TI 4:14 Alexander the coppersmith did me much harm; the Lord will repay him according to his deeds.
As PRO 24:29 says….Do not say, “thus I shall do to him as he has done to me; I will render to the man according to his work.”