Grace Bible Church
Robert R. McLaughlin
SundayFebruary 22, 2015
1. Rapture – imminent – can happen at any moment.2. Second advent – approximately 7 years after the Rapture.
MAT 24:3739, “For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah. For as in those days which were before the flood they were eating and drinking, they were marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away; so shall the coming of the Son of Man be.
Whether it’s the Rapture or the Second Advent or the Second coming they are both going to be a startling event.
1. Isagogics is the historical setting of the passage.2. Categories is the systematic theology developed from combining Scripture with Scripture.3. Exegesis is the grammatical and syntactical analysis of the passage from the original languages.
The most overt dramatic arrival the world will ever see, REV 1:7.
In a most dramatic way after the Second Advent takes place followed by 1,000 years of our Lord’s Millennial reign.
REV 21:1, And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.
2PE 3:12, looking for and hastening or expecting the coming of the day of God, on account of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat!
looking for is the verb spoudazo which means to study or to learn about the future of planet earth.
A mocker is simply someone who is always negative and critical as they were ever since the days of Noah and the flood.
ROM 9:27-28 And Isaiah cries out concerning Israel, “Though the number of the sons of Israel be as the sand of the sea [a reference to both believers and unbelievers who are Jewish]
it is the remnant [those who have become born again] that will be saved;
The distinction is between all those who are Jews by blood and all those who are Jews who have been regenerated or have believed on TLJC for salvation.
ROM 9:6, But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For they are not all Israel who are descended from Israel;
ROM 9:28 for the Lord will execute His word upon the earth, thoroughly and quickly.
This statement has to do with the immanency of the rapture for according to the Word of God, the rapture is next prophecy to be fulfilled and it can happen at any time.
True that there will be some historical events that will take place before the Rapture but those are simply “signs of the times” which are prevalent today, so that the Rapture can happen at any moment.
Seven years later, the Second Coming or the second Advent will take place on this earth.
They should not ignore the fact that these two events could happen anytime.
And, even though they have not happened as of yet in our generation nor in our timing, what do we have to lose by living as though they could have happened in this generation at any moment?
We lose nothing except living a life for eternity rather than time.
What Paul is teaching is to warn the Romans of the fact that just like God used prophecies in the OT which He fulfilled concerning the discipline of His people, don’t do what they did…..ignore His warnings.
There is a time coming on this earth which the Bible says more about than any other period of time in all of human history, including the time that TLJC walked the face of this earth for the first time.
JUD 1:14-15, And about these also Enoch, in the seventh generation from Adam, prophesied, saying, “Behold, the Lord came with many thousands of His holy ones, to execute judgment upon all, and to convict all the ungodly of all their ungodly deeds which they have done in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.”
A great time of indignation, ISA 26:20-21.Destruction, JOE 1:15;Darkness, JOEL 2:2; The Tribulation is a seven year dispensation whereby the first 3 12 years are times of blessings and prosperity, but that last 3 12 years are the worse years in human history.
Because of this theological event known as the Rapture, the church, the body of Christ will not go through this period.
The rapture is used in a technical theological sense for the resurrection of the royal family of God.
Prin-The rapture or the resurrection of the Church is God’s means of terminating the Church-age and delivering us from the wrath to come.
1TH 1:10 Wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, that is Jesus, who delivers us from the wrath to come.
This is why Titus 2:13 calls the Rapture or the appearing of TLJC, “Our blessed hope or happy guarantee”, even the appearance of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus.”
In this way you should learn to apply doctrine, be occupied with the person of Jesus Christ so that you have a wonderful life and death.
Prin-“All believers can have confidence, hope and a guarantee with regard to the Rapture!
Tit 2;13 states that the rapture is a “happy” guarantee or a doctrine which produces fantastic and marvelous confidence.
1CO 15:57 “Thanks be to God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
The doctrine of the translation of the church is found in many passages. JOH 14:1-3; 1CO 15:51-52; 2TH 2:1; PHI 3:20-21; 1TH 4:13-18;
Alexis Tsipras – just recently come out from nowhere and has taken a charismatic control of Greece, and is backed by another individual who is very powerful but as Satan does, he has kept himself hidden behind the scenes, he is a man called George Soros.
Many who know of him and the Rothschild’s, believe he is even more powerful than them, his name is George Soros.
1. He gave billions and billions of dollars to left-wing causes against the USA and Jews and Christians. Soros has given more than billion to these groups who are anti-Semitic and anti Christian.
2. George Solos has also influence the U.S. elections: Soros once said that removing President George W. Bush from office in 2004 was the “central focus of my life.”
His early financial support helped jump-start Barack Obama’s political career. Soros hosted a 2004 fund-raiser for Obama and within hours Obama announced that he was running for President.
3. Soros wants to destroy American sovereignty: Soros would like nothing better than for America to become submissive to international Nations.
4.In Media Matters: Soros is a financial backer of Media Matters for America, a progressive media watchdog group that wants to take away America’s freedom.
5. Soros has been a major funder of MoveOn.org, a progressive advocacy group and political action committee that raises millions for liberal candidates.
6. He gave millions of dollars to the Center for American Progress: promoting President Clinton as well as President Obama.
7. He is also an environmental extremist: He was instrumental in getting 0 billion for Obama’s stimulus package condoning socialism and communism.
ISA 14:12-14. – he has the thinking of Satan who wants to be like the most high.
8. America Coming Together: Soros gave nearly million to this group with the express purpose of defeating President Bush.
9. Currency manipulation: A large part of Soros’ multibillion-dollar fortune has come from manipulating currencies.
Known as “The Man who Broke the Bank of England,” Soros initiated a British financial crisis by dumping 10 billion sterling into the
English banking system, forcing the devaluation of the currency and gaining over a billion-dollar profit.
10. Delusions: Soros has repeatedly said that he sees himself as a messianic figure. George Soros has become very powerful because with his money he influences the mainstream media throughout the entire world, including America, England, Russia, China and the middle East.
Alexis Tsipras, not only has he formed an alliance with George Soros but also with Russia and is talking with Pope Francis about a peace treaty between Israel and the Palestinians.
His party in Greece is called SYRIZA which means the party for the left radicals, promoting socialism and communism, both designed to take away human rights and freedom.