Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
Just as the Pre-Designed Plan of God manufactures spiritual winners, the cosmic system manufactures losers.
Sunday, August 17, 2003
Deceives – pres-act-part – planao = to deceive, to lead others away from the truth, to cause to wander, to lead others aside.
The cosmic system – kosmos = more than just the world, it refers to a system, a system of thinking, or a lifestyle.
a. Cosmic one is Satan’s exploitation of believers through their own arrogance.
EPH 2:1-2 And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world [present cosmos or cosmic system], according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience.
b. Cosmic two is Satan’s propaganda and indoctrination college to educate and promote antagonism toward anything related to God, especially the grace of God.
Cosmic one represents Satan’s attitude at the time of his prehistoric fall, Isa 14.
Cosmic two represents Satan’s attitude at the time of Adam’s fall in the garden of Eden.
GEN 3:4-5 “You surely shall not die! For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
1JO 5:19 We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.
1. Anthropocentric Academic Speculation, or regarding humans as the central element of the universe and living for them. His conclusion – it was vanity and chasing after wind, ECC 1:14-18.
3. Then his cosmic thinking led him to live for his family; his conclusion –
ECC 2:17 – he hated life because everything was futility and chasing after wind.
4. The Philosophy of Time Orientation or an organized life. His conclusion –
ECC 3:9 What profit is there to the worker from that in which he toils?
5. He went looking for happiness from money, wealth and prosperity.
ECC 5:10 He who loves money will not be satisfied with money, nor he who loves abundance with its income. This too is vanity.
6. Building a reputation. He was not bitter after his sixth experiment.
ECC 6:9 – it was futility and a striving after wind.
7. Seeking happiness in sex and intimacy.
His conclusion was that it was a bitter experience, ECC 7:26.
8. Looking for happiness in the hero image, Ecc 9; his conclusion was that it was all vanity.
Just as the PPOG is the divine factory for the manufacture of spiritual winners, so the cosmic system is Satan’s factory for the manufacture of losers.
a. In cosmic one, he grieves the Holy Spirit.
EPH 4:30 “Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.”
b. In cosmic two, he quenches the Holy Spirit.
1TH 5:19 Do not quench the Spirit;
Grieving the Spirit is a prolonged stay in cosmic one without rebound, resulting in instability.
a. An enemy of the cross, PHI 3:18.
b. An enemy of God, JAM 4:4.
c. A hater of God, JOH 15:23.
d. Anti-Christ (against Christ), 1JO 2:18,22, 4:3.
e. A carnal believer, ROM 8:7; 1CO 3:3.
f. Double-minded, JAM 4:8.