Grace Bible Church
Robert R. McLaughlin
Learn These Principles from the LORD on picking Up Our Spiritual Cross.
We begin with a new cross which I wrote when I wrote about the cross of cross.
- Cross bearing refers to the time when we die daily in 1Co 15:31 and it is when the OSN is dead to sin.
- Notice a few things here, first of all, we are all given a special gift; not just an ordinary one, but a special one.
- Also notice that each one of us has received a special gift, that is to be employed only through the local assembly.
- Therefore, the issue is that grace is always to be the motivation behind the spiritual gift.
- Therefore, the fifth principle, grace is always the power behind the grace of God and the spiritual gift.
- Cross bearing refers to being willing to suffer with . persecution because of your ambassadorship!
- In Mat 5:13-14, your spiritual gift is also related to salt 0as a preservtor and light as guidance and direction.
- The cross is not to be a life of difficulties – it’s something that we are to take up voluntarily and not pressurized.
This is why we read in ACT 5:41 that the early disciples rejoiced that they were worthy to suffer the shame associated with suffering for the cross for His name.
- Your spiritual Cross is to prepare a hard pressurized life filled with evils as well as blessings; PHI 1:29.
PHI 1:29 For to you it has been granted for Christ's sake, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake,
Mat 7:13-14, tells us that it is a different life when you pick up your cross with a joy and accept the sorrow that comes your joy when you fill Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.
- The Lord wants everything we do to be for His body sake, that is His spiritual body.
We know that because in ROM 5:3-4, we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience.
- Cross bearing consist of receiving the principle of and consist of receiving the principle of suffering in behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him but also to suffer for His sake.
- This is because we are all bought with a price and we all belong to Him; 1Co 6:19-20.
- It is in our spiritual body that we pick up our cross and operate in our spiritual gift; 1Co 6:19-20.
- It is here that many believers receive from God but don’t share what they have received with other members of the Royal family of God for the purpose of serving one another.
Joh 13:34 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
JOH 13:35 "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."