Grace Bible Church
Robert R. McLaughlin
Friday, January 19, 2014
EPH 6:17 we have been noting the verse in EPH 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
The life of the Lord Jesus Christ and how He utilized the sword of the Spirit in His personal life.
You will recall that the miracles was not too relieve people from suffering, that was a secondary aspect.
These things refer to the man who had been sick for thirty‑eight years in JOH 5:5 where TLJC said to the man in JOH 5:8Jesus said to him, “Arise, take up your pallet, and walk.”
The purpose of miracles was not too relieve people from suffering, that was a secondary aspect. Miracles were designed to focus attention upon the purpose and the work of TLJC.
After these things refer to the miracles, which are not the most important things in life, the most important thing in life is the miracle of receiving eternal life.
PRO 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, And he who is wise wins souls.
DAN 12:3 “And those who have insight will shine brightly like the brightness of the expanse of heaven, and those who lead the many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever.
The disciples had been listening to the message of the deity of Christ.
JOH 5:23 in order that all may honor the Son, even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.
They also saw the lame man healed on the Sabbath. They heard the message that put down the religious crowd.
The two miracles coming up, one on land and one on the sea, are designed to test the disciples.
He was not popular because of his wonderful message and because of who He was.
He was popular because people just love to be entertained and in that day the number 1 type of entertainment was the performance of a miracle.
The lamb of God is sitting upon a mountain miles away as the religious crowd are going through ritual without reality.
TLJC is as far away from the religious crowd as you can get.
This is done by Bible doctrine and by discernment. Most of all by making decisions to cut out all the phoney activity by which you think you are spiritual.
Even TLJC would separate from the religious crowd and even from those who were following Him for the wrong reason.
We all need to reject any system of religion which means separating even from the religion in you or in MAR 4:24 And He was saying to them, “Take care what you listen to.
LUK 8:18 “Therefore take care how you listen;
Or in JOH 7:24 “Do not judge according to appearance, but judge wth righteous judgment.”
This is done by means of Bible doctrine and by discernment, and most of all by making decisions to cut out all the phoney activity by which you think you are being spiritual.
1. The stereotype Christian is someone who has personally believed in TLJC.
2. The stereotype Christian is someone who is totally ignorant of God’s plan as a member of the Royal family of God.
3. The stereotype Christian is someone who has no understanding of God’s plan and therefore substitutes what he assumes or feels must be God’s plan for his life.
4. The stereotype Christian generally concludes that the goal of the Christian life and spirituality is living moral.
5. The stereotype Christian assumes that the key to the Christian life is a sweet personality.
6. The stereotype Christian attends church at least once a week.
7. The stereotype Christian classifies anyone who is relaxed and enjoys life, especially when being pressured, as being worldly or carnal.