Robert R. McLaughlin Bible Ministries
The Angelic Conflict – Part 5 Outline
The Angelic Conflict – Part 5 –
1TI 5:21 I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus and of His chosen angels,
The angelic conflict is the result of prehistoric creatures being in opposition to God, which began with the fall of Satan and continued until all angelic creatures had made a decision for or against God.
It refers to the two trials of Satan and the fallen angels, one in prehistoric times, the other right now during human history.
b. The historical category – human beings, mankind, or man.
Point 3. – When and How the Angelic Conflict Began –
Of all of the creatures to come from the hand of God, Satan was the most beautiful, the wisest, the most personable creature ever created.
The workmanship of your settings and sockets = he was given a built-in Royal crown of praise. He did not need an instrument of praise to glorify his Creator; he was an instrument of praise.
“anointed” = Messiah’s angel.
The cherubim were related to the throne of God as protectors and defenders of His holiness. This great angel was created above all angels to be a protector and defender of the throne of God.
Often those who are supposed to protect and defend authority instead attack it and discredit it! This started with their father the devil!
Rekullah (slander) = to go about in order to traffic something against someone, to slander, to try and destroy someone’s reputation through gossip and slander.
God records the origin, the estate, the character, and the sin of the greatest of angels. He wants us to see the devastating effects of arrogance and pride.
Arrogance has to do with thought while pride has to do with action.
ISA 14:12 “How you have fallen from heaven, O star of the morning, son of the dawn! You have been cut down to the earth, You who have weakened the nations!”
ISA 14:13 But you said in your heart, “I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God, And I will sit on the mount of assembly In the recesses of the north.”
ISA 14:14 “I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.”
1. Through his rejection of the plan of God and his rebellion, Satan, as did Adam, became an entirely different being from that which God created.
2. When God creates a being to fulfill a certain purpose, that being must be a perfect fulfillment of that divine pattern.
God always provides whatever we need to fulfill the purpose He has for our lives. We have logistical grace, the PSD’s, and 100% availability of divine power.
3. God created Satan as a beautiful intelligent angel, not so he would have enough power to deceive us, but so he could be the protector and defender of the throne of God.
Satan used his God-given abilities and his God-given talents to glorify himself rather than God.
4. By his sin of independence, Satan lost his original holiness and heavenly position, but retained his wisdom and beauty. He has used his superior qualities to accomplish evil.
His wisdom and his beauty have been perverted into lies, deceptions, snares, and conspiracies.
5. Satan’s office was originally to protect the throne of God and to forbid the approach of evil or any unrighteousness.
6. The unrighteousness found in Satan was the sin of independence and self-exaltation.
7. Satan was upon the Holy Mountain of God as the Anointed Cherub that covereth, and therefore appears to have been the great High Priest of his realm.
8. Satan also appears to have been the highest angel and therefore the king over his creation.
JUD 1:9 But Michael the archangel, when he disputed with the devil and argued about the body of Moses, did not dare pronounce against him a railing judgment, but said, “The Lord rebuke you.”
9. He was perfect in all his ways, and apparently continued so for a length of time.
Satan abused his high office of prophet, priest, and king. So God created Adam to function as a prophet, priest, and king, GEN 1:26.
10. The Lord Jesus Christ came forth from the Godhead to become a member of the human race and to fulfill all three functions: prophet, priest, and king.
GAL 4:4 But when the fulness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman,
He will come to earth a second time to claim the power from the hands of Satan, and after casting Satan into prison, the Lord will bring back the creation to purity and order.
Robert R. McLaughlin Bible Ministries
All Rights Reserved
Robert R. McLaughlin 2001