Grace Bible Church
Robert R. McLaughlin
February 1, 2019
Moses was inspired by God the Holy Spirit, was told to teach the Jews that “the day they ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, in that day, dying spiritually they would also die physically.”
- The Creation of man and woman as stated in GEN 1:1 where we read that In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
JOH 1:3 All things came into being by Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.
- If we desire to know the main reason why we have been created, we are told about the Angelic Conflict and not the Gap Theory but the Gap Fact in GEN 1:2.
- Between Gen 1:1-2, = undisclosed period of time when the earth was filled with darkness and one-third of all the angels were incarcerated for their rebellion against God, Gen 1:1-2.
There was a period of time in which Planet Earth was shut down completely under darkness.
The apostle Paul said that we are sons of light; 1TH 5:5 for you are all sons of light and sons of day. We are not of night nor of darkness;
God disciplined one-third of all the angels and sent them into darkness 2PE 2:4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to pits of darkness, reserved for judgment;
- Gen 1:22, where we have a challenge to humanity and the authority of man to rule over the creation; Gen 1:22.
This is found in Gen 1:22 where we read “And God blessed them saying, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth.”
- GEN 1:26, the Trinity is revealed and we are told that the Lord gave us the authority to man to be responsible to our Lord; Gen 1:26-27.
“Divine Authority” is what man needs to exercise the dominion over the creation; GEN 1:26.
- Then we introduced the creation of man and the woman and the fact that there is an Angelic Conflict as Gen 1:27 says.
Gen 1:27 And God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
- In GEN 1:28, the Lord reveals the greatness of His grace and love to us.
- Still in Gen 1:29, God the Holy Spirit, who is our teacher reveals to mankind that man can have the authority to bless others and also the authority to receive from others; Gen 1:29-30.
- The Lord completed the work that mankind needed for the Divine Blessings; GEN 2:1-4.
- These things were written not in chronological order but in the perfect order of the Trinity to worship our Lord; GEN 2:7.
GEN 2:7 Then the Lord God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.
- Gen 2:15, the “Divine Commands” are given to man; Then the Lord God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep it.
- We have the commands and love from our God given to man in the beginning of the human race, with the freedom to choose either to follow our Lord or to live for self; Gen 2:15.
- We are also given the freedom to reject or accept the plan of God for our life; Gen 2;16-17.
- We also have the love and the guidance given to man and why it is not good for man to be alone; Gen 2:18 Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.”
- The Lord “has” and “will have” the Divine Design given to mankind for the “Divine Purpose” of glorifying the creation of our Lord; Gen 2:18.
- The first operation on man’s body that ever took place is found in GEN 2:21 So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He [the doctor] took one of his ribs.
- The first woman that our Lord created in GEN 2:22 And the Lord God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.
- The excitement of the man receiving a grace gift from the Lord to honor God; Gen 2:23 And the man said, “This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man.”
- The Lord instituted the gift of marriage to both the man and the woman; Gen 2:24 For this cause a man shall leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.
- From this section of the Word of God, we are warned about Heylel or Satan and his kingdom of darkness which he is said to be subtle and deceitful; Gen 3:1.
- Gen 3 = introduced to another creation, the serpent and his kingdom of darkness; Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made.
- In GEN 3:2, here comes either a blessing or a curse of the evil one himself who is called a serpent; And the woman said to the serpent, “From the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat;
- In GEN 3:3 we are warned about disobeying the Lord and following the wrong principles = “But from the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat from it or touch it, lest you die.”
- Satan uses friends and family to entice us to rebellion against the Lord, Gen 3:6.
Our Lord died, He actually died two deaths, first, a spiritual death for the sins of the world and this was followed by a physical death.
This leads us to be faithful even until death, and the Lord said; “I will give you the crown of life.”
These passages and principles are also found in Rev 20:1 “And I saw an angel [or messenger] coming down from heaven, having the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand.
Notice a few principles that reveal what our Lord will give us as insight into whatever it is that is trying and studying the “Divine Authority” for the “Divine Design.”
Let’s take a look at the “Divine Design” that our Lord uses many times throughout human History.
First in REV 20:12, our Lord is not a respecter of persons as far as His judgment is concerned and this is why the apostle John said; And I saw the dead, the great and the small,
Second, it doesn’t matter whether or not they are rich or poor, our Lord is still in charge and in ACT 10:34, as Peter said: “I most certainly understand now that God is not one to show partiality,”
Third, this verse also says that there was equality and respect in Heaven revealed by the phrase in verse 12 which says that all were standing before the throne.
Four, there was also two basic books that were opened; the book of Life and the book of works where the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds [ergons = their works].
In REV 21:8, where we have a description of the “Second Death.
The second death is very unusual in the sense that it is basically not known by most believers today, but it does have some guarantees.
Some of those guarantees are based upon the success that winner believers enjoy and that winner believers will not have to worry about who is going to suffer since it is a reward for those who have followed our Lord.
If you asked the average believer today if our Lord died for them, the majority of believers would say that they really do not believe that our Lord died for them and their loved ones.
If our Lord died for us then why do we have to die.
“If someone does something for you then why do you have to do for yourself again?”
If you are craving for that which others have, like your family, your marriage, your friends, your employees, etc. then why would you walk around and miss out on certain individuals who are waiting for the Lord.
Something will happen to cause us to be on the alert especially among your friends, family, husband, wife, your cat, your dog, even the pastor -teacher, etc.
Because Heaven would not be Heaven if certain ones are not with you to enjoy the blessings and the prosperity that they came from.
If we were out to dinner and a check came and someone at the table says “I will pay all of the check for the table,” then why would someone else say “I will pay the Check” if someone already has.
Once again we see the problem which is willful ignorance of doctrine which most believers are in bondage to because they do not think like the apostle Paul taught concerning this matter; as in Rom 12-14.
ROM 12:3 For through the grace given to me I say to every man among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith or doctrine.
One of the major problems that we all have to deal with is the problem of being ignorant and this is one of the main reasons that even believers become arrogant.
In EPH 4:18, the apostle Paul defines the reasons for the Jews and the Gentiles to dwell together in unity.
- Darkened in their understanding;
2. Excluded from the life of God;
3. The ignorance that is in them,
4. The hardness of their heart;
Notice how the apostle Paul describes the problem and then he also gives us the reasons that we need to be in touch with God.
EPH 4:18 believers allow negative thoughts to influence their decision making because they are filled with the thoughts of darkness that they learned from the Cosmic System.
This is also the last description for the loser believer because they allow certain thoughts to penetrate their soul and spirit and reject the doctrinal solutions that our Lord gave to all mankind.
This also means the apostle Paul was very careful when he was forced to communicate the divine solutions for the problems that we need to solve and that can only happen when believers have PVTD.
These are believers who the apostle Paul is challenging so that they will make decisions based upon doctrine and not based upon their emotions or the so-called “religious orders” of his day.
In EPH 4:18, the apostle Paul writes about the principle of being darkened in their understanding which refers to the negative vibes that many believers have.
“There are a lot of believers who are excluded from the life of God” and may I say, who have some of them right here in our own local assembly.
They have the same weakness from arrogance that Satan had in Isa 14:12-14, and that is the sin of independence and the rejection of the real truth.
It is not a real truth because it comes directly from Satan and we know that he is a liar who mixes truth and error together; Joh 8:44.
It’s the real truth because God the Holy Spirit inspired it and He is God which means He cannot lie or even look upon sin; Hab 1:13.
(1) They are being darkened in their understanding.
(2) Excluded from the life of God.
This is the only solution for believers who have negative volition toward doctrine because their negative volition is affecting them in different realms whereby they come right out and say;
“No” to God, “I will not gather together with other believers as Your Word clearly teaches that I should, however, I will do whatever I desire to do.”
Implacability = causes us to reject the divine provisions from the Lord and as Satan says, I will not enjoy the life of God because I’m too busy enjoying myself and doing whatever I want to do.
These individuals are ungrateful; Forgetful; Implacable;
Our Lord taught His disciples how to handle whatever comes their way.
Blessed be the happinesses (plural) that you possess and that you who weep now, you shall laugh.
There will always be people in your life who are never satisfied no matter what you do for them.
There will always be people in your life who complain about what we give to them.
JER 17:9 “The heart is more deceitful than all else And is desperately sick; Who can understand it?
And no matter what trials, tribulations or adversities come their way. it does not change the fact that whatever they choose to do, there will be consequences for their positive or negative decisions; Gal 6:7.
And, although you may have done some good things, that does not negate the sin or the evil that many individuals develop as they try to fulfill 2Pe 3:18 = to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
If you don’t believe me, then believe what one of the wisest men in the world had to say about this principle of doctrine.
His name, of course, is Solomon, his mother was Bathsheba and his father was, of course, King David, who killed Bathsheba’s husband Uriah and then forced Bathsheba to marry him.