Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
Marriage in the attraction stage produces degeneracy in society, Part 2.
Sunday, February 1, 2004
1. I loved it, it was great information.
2. I hated it, (I know you were speaking about me).
3. I could care less I have my own problems.
1. GAL 4:16 Have I therefore become your enemy by telling you the truth?
2. PRO 9:8 Do not reprove a scoffer, lest he hate you, Reprove a wise man, and he will love you.
3. ACT 20:27 For I did not shrink from declaring to you the whole purpose of God.
1. Attraction is the observation stage of the relationship between the man and woman.
2. Attraction is also the blind stage of the man-woman relationship because man and woman are attracted to each other on the basis of their superficial norms and standards.
3. Attraction is also based on the ability of the opposite sex to implement and compliment existing areas of arrogance.
PRO 7:21 With her many persuasions she entices him; With her flattering lips she seduces him.
Or concerning the male species, as ROM 16:18 says For by their smooth and flattering speech they deceive the hearts of the simple or unsuspecting.
4. The stage called attraction is a dangerous stage because it is accompanied by tunnel vision in which one often ignores, or sets aside the potential or observable flaws in the object of attraction.
5. Attraction is also dangerous because it is related to peer pressure, rejection of reality, immature standards and dependency rather than independent thinking.
6. People who get married in this stage have very little success or very little chance of success in their relationship.
7. Most marriages which occur in the attraction stage end up in the divorce courts, or suicide, or grimly sticking it out. Hence, marriage becomes the state of perpetuating misery.
PHI 3:1 to be repeating the same doctrines to you is not troublesome to me, while on the other hand, it is a safeguard or a basis of security for you.
Under the compatibility stage. 1. Compatibility is that stage of man-woman relationship where friendship develops between two members of the opposite sex.
2. Attraction has no permanent results unless friendship develops into the compatibility stage.
3. True love cannot be perpetuated between a man and a woman unless they are friends as well as lovers.
4. Compatibility is that stage classified as accurate knowledge of the object to which you are attracted.
5. Compatibility includes knowing the weaknesses of the one you love, as well as their strengths, or assets.
6. Compatibility is that stage of category two love, which we call right man-right woman, where conflict and disagreement exists, but in no way jeopardizes or injures the relationship.
7. Compatibility is that stage of category two love where the man and the woman face adversity together and it brings them closer together.
8. There are many kinds of adversity that a marriage has to inevitably face.
GEN 2:24 For this cause a man shall leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.
EPH 6:2-3 Honor your father and mother (which is the first commandment with a promise), that it may be well with you, and that you may live long on the earth.
Compatibility can co-exist with conflict.
The Third Stage, Union and Fusion.
1. Union or fusion is the blending and coalescence of man and woman into the ideal relationship.
2. This is the stage of maximum rapport between a man and a woman, the sublime stage of marriage.
3. In the union or fusion stage of category two love, the ones who have attained that state are not trying to prove something to the other, or to the outside world.
4. The union or fusion stage of love is accompanied by such obvious things, obvious to us who have studied the PPOG, as virtue, humility, thoughtfulness of others, courtesy, not arrogance, not provoking jealousy, not flaunting their relationship, but functioning as a team to become a blessing to others spiritually, socially, hospitably.
1CO 11:9 for indeed man was not created for the womans sake, but woman for the mans sake.
5. Union or fusion lovers never become irritants to society or groups in which they circulate.
In the relationship between a man and a woman before marriage, there is always the possibility of some form of intimacy. However, premature intimacy destroys your standards, causing you to lean on your emotions, and become irrational.
The very means by which you could attain compatibility is destroyed by yourself, by putting intimacy ahead of compatibility.
Intimacy therefore in the attraction stage destroys the relationship.
But intimacy first, destroys compatibility, making marriage hell on earth.
A woman who marries a man in the attraction stage generally becomes disillusioned or frustrated or both.
When you have the home, which is the stability of society, made up primarily of miserable teams, man and woman, obviously it will overflow into society.
Remember the principle that manhood is related to virtue and a sense of responsibility not to muscle and sex.
Manhood is related to virtue and a sense of responsibility.
Once a married couple achieve union and fusion, the woman becomes a great lover, both as a responder and an initiator. The man who has reached the stage of union and fusion with a woman, not only has a phenomenal responder, but he has a great initiator.