Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
What it means to be initiated into the secret of the mystery. Part 29. Introduction to the baptism of the Spirit.
Friday, March 11, 2005
Leave - fut-act-ind - aphiemi = to depart, to leave behind, to forsake, to let alone.
Orphans - orphanous = without help, fatherless, without a teacher, guide, guardian.
HEB 13:5 “I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you,”
The basic help - God the Holy Spirit is the person.
Bible doctrine is the substance.
“I will come” - “I will come face to face with you” - pros proV" + accusative personal pronoun humas - uâ€™" = face to face with you = the Rapture of the Church.
“I will come face to face with you.”
“Little while” - adverb mikron - micrometer, microscope = a short time, a little time.
Behold - theoreo = to discern, consider, to view mentally, to study attentively; it denotes the careful observation of details.
If this was seeing Christ in resurrection, talking simply about His resurrection = blepo or horao - seeing him literally for a glance or for a long time.
We will have a body exactly like His, PHI 3:21.
When Jesus says He is in the Father, we go back to His oneness and equality with the essence of the Father.
Humeis en emoi - uâ€™" e*n e*moiV - “you are in Me,” = a radical change different from the first time in all history, Jesus Christ is in God, and you are in Christ.
One thing about you that is perfect right now - through the baptism of the Spirit you are in union with Christ.
Christianity is not a religion, it is a relationship, and the basis of that relationship is that Christ is God, and we are in Christ.
In the early church, prior to the completion of the canon of Scripture, water baptism was a legitimate way of teaching the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
ACT 1:5 for John baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.
JOH 14:20 In that day you shall know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.
The new spiritual species is designed for unprecedented availability and delegation of divine power.
What you can do in the energy of your flesh cannot make you a new creature in Christ Jesus.
1. Pre-salvation influences, which may continue if there is no perception of doctrine and spiritual growth.
3. The old sin nature.
ROM 6:7 for he who has died [with Christ through baptism] is freed from the sin nature.
The old sin nature has lost its power; you can only give it back its power experientially through the function of your own negative volition.
4. The “old things” include genetic, environmental, and volitional handicaps.
LUK 12:20 You fool! This very night your soul (could be) required of you;
LUK 9:25 For what is a man profited if he gains the whole world, and loses or forfeits himself?
5. The function of human power in Satan’s cosmic system.
6. People emphasis taking priority over God emphasis.
1. The baptism of the Spirit.
2. The PPOG.
3. The unique equality factors in the PPOG.
4. Our very own portfolio of invisible assets prepared for us by the omnipotence of God the Father.
5. Our unique royal commissions of royal priesthood and royal ambassadorship.
6. The unique mystery doctrine.
7. The indwelling of all three persons of the Trinity.
8. The unique availability of divine power.
9. Understanding that we live in a dispensation of no prophecy, only historical trends.
10. This is the dispensation of invisible heroes.
New - kainos = new in kind, new in species.
Throughout the Church-age, the baptism of the Holy Spirit is the basis for forming the Royal Family of God and the universal body of Christ.