Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
What it means to be initiated into the secret of the mystery. Part 40. The relationship between the indwelling of Christ and the glorification of God.
Wednesday, April 6, 2005
JOH 14:20 “In that day you shall know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.”
1JO 2:6 the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.
Give thanks in all things, believing that all things, even those which shatter our hopes and dreams, are working together for our good, ROM 8:28, EPH 5:20.
Be anxious for nothing, PHI 4:6.
Rejoice in the Lord always, PHI 4:4.
PHI 4:8 From now on, members of the Royal Family of God, whatever is true [doctrinal], whatever is honorable[noble or worthy of respect], whatever is just [fair or right], whatever is pure [of proper motivation], whatever personal loves exist, whatever is commendable, if there is any virtue [there is for the mature believer - first class condition] and if anything worthy of praise [there is for the mature believer - first class condition], be concentrating on these things.
ISA 6:5 Woe is me, for I am ruined! Because I am a man of unclean lips,
You have a hope of glory or a confidence in the glory - a confidence that He will do all these things through you while you -
PSA 46:10 Cease striving and know that He is God;
MAT 11:28-30 “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My load is light.”
Your health is based on your genetics, metabolism, allergies, environment, common sense, and mental attitude, but it has nothing to do with your spiritual life.
In sexual sins, we violate the sacredness of our own bodies, the Temple for the indwelling of TLJC.
The physical part of you is a piece of property belonging to the spiritual part of you, ROM 6:12-16.
You glorify God by having the Shekinah glory which is now in your body, your temple, being manifested and shining through you.
2CO 6:16 For we are the temple of the living God, just as God has said, “I will dwell in them and walk among them; I will be their God and they will be My people.”
Riches - noun “ploutos” - plouâ€™to" = riches, wealth and abundance.
These riches are to be preached; therefore, it is a reference to the richness and wealth that comes from doctrine.
1. Spiritual Blessings = maximum awareness of life.
2. Establishment prosperity includes the blessings of privacy and freedom; the enjoyment of both life and property; protection from crime, reprisal, violence, and vindictiveness from others; contentment under national disaster; and acceptance by one’s own peers, whether they like you or not.
3. War and national emergency prosperity include the blessings of efficiency, success, promotion, and for some leadership, whether soldier or civilian.
4. Professional prosperity = maximum success or efficiency in a profession, whether law, medicine, engineering, science, military, teaching, law enforcement, athletics, art, music, literature, etc.
5. Business prosperity = where pertinent, success in business as an owner or an executive of a large corporation; or where pertinent, success as a salesman, administrator, laborer, etc.
6. Social prosperity = the possession of loving, faithful, reliable, and stable friends, and maximum enjoyment of your relationships with them.
7. Romantic prosperity can mean a wonderful relationship with a member of the opposite sex where happiness replaces sinfulness.
8. Mental prosperity = the ability to concentrate; to organize both your thinking and your life; it includes freedom from the mental sins of fear, worry, and anxiety.
9. Cultural prosperity = maximum capacity for good entertainment; the enjoyment of the best in music, art, literature, drama, history, and whatever your hobbies may be.
10. Health prosperity is given to some mature believers.
11. Leadership dynamics, though not for everyone, is a blessing for some by virtue of either their genetics or spiritual gift, or it can be acquired.
PRO 8:18 “Riches and honor are with Me [doctrine], enduring wealth and virtue [righteousness].”
PSA 23:5-6 You have prepared for me a table in the presence of my enemies. You have anointed my head with oil. My cup [of blessing] is overflowing. Only prosperity and grace pursue me all the days of my life [escrow blessings for time], and I will remain in the house of the Lord forever [escrow blessings for eternity].
3JO 1:2, Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers.
ROM 2:4 - these riches are related to God’s kindness and forbearance and patience with us.
ROM 9:23 - these riches are related to the fact that we are vessels of God’s mercy.
ROM 11:33 - the riches have to do with the wisdom and knowledge of God.
EPH 2:7 - the riches have to do with super-grace - in order that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
EPH 3:16 - the fantastic omnipotence of God provided for us - that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man;
PHI 4:19 - the riches of His glory refer to logistical grace support - And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
COL 2:2 - the riches or the wealth = the assurance that comes from understanding doctrine, that their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God’s mystery, that is, Christ Himself,