Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
What it means to be initiated into the secret of the mystery. Part 97. Time alone with God is powerful and vital to our spiritual life.
Sunday, October 2, 2005
If our personal lives are disordered, others’ lives will also be in disarray.
JOH 15:9 -11, “I’ve loved you the way my Father has loved me. Make yourselves at home in my love. If you keep my commands, you’ll remain intimately at home in my love. That’s what I’ve done - kept my Father’s commands and made myself at home in his love. I’ve told you these things for a purpose: that my joy or happiness might be your joy or happiness, and fully matured.”
JOH 15:12-15, “This is my command: Love one another the way I loved you. This is the very best way to love. Put your life on the line for your friends. You are my friends when you do the things I command you. I’m no longer calling you servants because servants don’t understand what their master is thinking and planning. No, I’ve named you friends because I’ve let you in on everything I’ve heard from the Father.”
JOH 15:16-19 “You didn’t choose me, remember; I chose you, and put you in the world to bear fruit, fruit that won’t spoil. As fruit bearers, whatever you ask the Father in relation to me, He gives you. But remember the root command: Love one another. If you find the godless world is hating you, remember it got its start hating me. If you lived on the world’s terms, the world would love you as one of its own. But since I picked you to live on God’s terms and no longer on the world’s terms, the world is going to hate you.”
JOH 15:20-21 “When that happens, remember this: Servants don’t get better treatment than their masters. If they beat on me, they will certainly beat on you. If they did what I told them, they will do what you tell them. They are going to do all these things to you because of the way they treated me, because they don’t know the One who sent me.”
There is the ministry itself, working with others, planning activities, studying, thinking, working things through, etc.
There’s the monotony of doing the same things day after day - dozens of tedious endeavors, the details of life.
There is our own everyday job of fighting temptation, suppressing some of our desires and passions, working with God to correct our OWN faults.
In the best scenario, what is really needed is a regular, specific time and place to study and read His Word, to pray, to worship, a place from which we can practice God’s presence through the day.
1. Nine of the ten costliest insurance events in U.S. history.
2. Seven of the eight costliest hurricanes in U.S. history.
3. Three of the four largest tornado outbreaks in U.S. history.
4. Nine of the top ten natural disasters in U.S. history.
5. The two largest terrorism events in U.S. history.
All of these major catastrophes transpired ever since presidents Bush, Clinton, and Bush started applying pressure on Israel to trade her land for promises of “peace and security,” sponsoring major “land for peace” meetings, making major public statements pertaining to Israel’s covenant land and-or calling for a Palestinian state.
ZEC 12:9 “And it will come about in that day that I will set about to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.”
1. The garden of Eden was in Iraq.
2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization.
3. Noah built the ark in Iraq.
4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.
5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq.
6. Isaac’s wife Rebekah was from Nahor, in Iraq.
7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.
8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq.
9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel.
10. Amos cried out in Iraq!
11. Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem.
12. Daniel was in the lion’s den in Iraq.
13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (TLJC had been in Iraq also as the fourth person in the fiery furnace.)
14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon, saw the “writing on the wall” in Iraq.
15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq.
16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq.
17. The wise men were from Iraq.
18. Peter preached in Iraq.
19. The “Empire of Man” described in Revelation is called Babylon, which was a city in Iraq.
Which nation is second?
It is Iraq, sometimes called in the Bible Babylon, Land of Shinar, and Mesopotamia.
Without solitude, it is virtually impossible to live a spiritual life.
Solitude begins with a time and place for God, and Him alone.
The only way to survive in ministry is to be interested in the ministry and to be interested only in TLJC as you remain in His plan.
Something or someone always opposes us; and our best resolutions go astray; we find it hard to get to that secret place and shut the door.
GEN 32:24 Then Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him until daybreak.
It is not until Jacob is left alone with the Lord that his name is changed to Israel, a prince with God.
2CH 32:31 - God left Hezekiah “alone to test him, that He might know all that was in his heart.”
JOH 8:9 - it was not until the woman caught in adultery was left alone with the Lord that she was set free.
JOH 16:32 “Behold, an hour is coming, and has already come, for you to be scattered, each to his own home, and to leave Me alone; and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me.”
To be left alone with God is the only true way of arriving at an accurate knowledge of ourselves and our ways.