Grace Bible Church
Robert R. McLaughlin
Friday, October 18, 2013
The Doctrine of the Royal Family Honor Code and how it relates to putting on the Breastplate of Righteousness.
If you have the love of God and a manifestation of the Royal Family honor code, you will have spiritual self-esteem as a manifestation of the fact that you are a Christian soldier.
1. Gradual growth comes from the perception, metabolization and application of Bible doctrine.
MAT 4:4 “It is written, ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.'”
2. The second system of spiritual growth, which is known as accelerated growth, occurs when metabolized doctrine is tested under Pressure.
This suffering for the purpose of blessing draws upon the believer’s reservoir of doctrine, exercising and increasing his inner strength.
In spiritual childhood suffering for blessing is like a teacher, but in spiritual adulthood suffering for blessing is more like a demanding drill sergeant or college professor.
Suffering for blessing is the undeserved pain, hardship, or difficulty that God periodically sends into the life of the spiritually adult believer for the purpose of accelerating spiritual growth and demonstrating the total sufficiency of His grace.
Suffering for blessing by its very connotation is not intended to hurt the believer or to make him miserable but to advance him.
Only God can bless with suffering; suffering caused by self is harmful.
Nor does God send suffering for blessing until the believer has capacity to appreciate God as its source and to be grateful for the problem solving devices that He has provided in the palace of the PPOG.
1CO 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, that you may be able to endure it.
In God’s plan, Strength precedes suffering for blessing.
God provides the means of dealing with a situation before He applies the pressure so that suffering for blessing never overloads any believer.
When pressure crushes a believer, the cause of defeat is always his own volition, never the sovereignty of God.
Suffering for blessing is always bearable.
Unbearable suffering under the law of volitional responsibility, with divine discipline added on, is designed to awaken the believer to his dependence on God’s protocol system.
Obedience to divine protocol prepares believers for suffering.
All problems of suffering are resolved in the mechanics of the predesigned plan of God, and all solutions stem from Bible doctrine.
1. Providential preventive suffering keeps the believer from distorting his new found spiritual self-esteem into arrogance.
2. Momentum testing accelerates the believer’s spiritual momentum, carrying him from spiritual autonomy into spiritual maturity.
3. Evidence testing demonstrates the efficacy of God’s grace in the life of the spiritually mature believer.
Easily distracted from their true destiny as members of the royal family of God, most believers lack the consistency, the humility, the positive volition to stick with the predesigned plan.
Self-induced misery and divine discipline are by far the most common forms of Christian suffering.
If you have inculcated your soul with God’s thinking, you can anticipate a challenging, stimulating life of special grace from God, in adversity and in prosperity.
1. Consistent perception and metabolization of Bible doctrine inside the PPOG results in the believer’s giant step into personal love for God and spiritual self-esteem.
2. When tested under providential preventive suffering, spiritual self-esteem becomes spiritual autonomy.
3. By successfully passing the momentum tests, spiritual autonomy becomes spiritual maturity.
4. When spiritual maturity stands up under evidence testing, God is
glorified to the maximum in the historic angelic conflict.
What Paul is saying at the end of verse 9 when he says I will rather boast about my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may dwell in me is that God’s power is achieved with weakness.
The Greek noun dunamis, “power,” refers to God’s omnipotence as utilized by the believer in the advance through spiritual adulthood: spiritual self-esteem, spiritual autonomy, and spiritual maturity.