Robert R. McLaughlin Bible Ministries
The Angelic Conflict – Part 4 Outline
The Angelic Conflict – Part 4 –
Point 3. – When and How the Angelic Conflict Began –
Of all of the creatures to come from the hand of God, Satan was the most beautiful, the wisest, the most personable creature ever created.
EZE 28:13 – Satan did not appear there as a minister of God but as an apostate and venomous serpent eager for the ruin of the new creation.
Nahash [serpent] = “the shining one.” 2CO 11:14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.
These precious stones are displayed three times in the Bible: (a) In the high priest’s breastplate as a manifestation of divine grace.
(b) In the New Jerusalem, which reflects the glory of God.
(c) As the covering of this great angel, which signalizes the highest of all creation.
The workmanship of your settings and sockets = he was given a built-in Royal crown of praise to praise to his Creator. He did not need an instrument to glorify his Creator; he was an instrument of praise.
EZE 28:13 On the day that you were created They were prepared.
Satan’s priestly dignity – he was the Anointed Cherub that covers by God’s appointment. “Anointed” = the Messiah’s angel.
The cherubim were related to the throne of God as protectors and defenders of His holiness. This great angel was created above all angels to be a protector and defender of the throne of God.
Christians under the thinking of Satan are called sons [teknons / students] of the devil, 1JO 3:10.
1CO 11:19 For there must also be factions among you, in order that those who are approved may have become evident among you.
1TI 3:6 “And not a new convert, lest he become conceited and fall into the condemnation incurred by the devil.”
“The abundance of your trade” refers to his genius plans.
Rekullah (slander) = to go about in order to traffic something against someone, to slander, to try and destroy someone’s reputation through gossip and slander.
It indicates that going about among the angels which was necessary for Satan to do to secure their allegiance to his program of rebellion and conspiracy against God.
Satan is a master of conspiracy! He is the originator of conspiracy!
God records the origin, the estate, the character, and the sin of the greatest of angels. He wants us to see the devastating effects of arrogance and pride.
PRO 8:13 “Respect for the Lord is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way, And the perverted mouth, I hate.”
ISA 13:11 Thus I will punish the world for its evil, And the wicked for their iniquity; I will also put an end to the arrogance of the proud,
1. Through the degenerating power of sin, Satan, as did Adam, became an entirely different being from that which God created.
2. When God creates a being to fulfill a certain purpose, that being must be a perfect fulfillment of that divine pattern.
God always provides whatever we need to fulfill the purpose He has for our lives. We have logistical grace, the PSD’s, and 100% availability of divine power.
3. God created Satan as a beautiful intelligent angel, not so he would have enough power to deceive us, but so he could be the protector and defender of the throne of God.
4. By his sin, he lost his original holiness and heavenly position, but he retains his wisdom and his beauty. He has turned his surpassing abilities into ways of evil.
5. Satan’s office was originally to protect the throne of God and to forbid the approach of evil or any unrighteousness.
Like most of God’s creatures, including believers, Satan rejected the plan of God for his life and chose his own plans over the plan of God.
6. The unrighteousness found in Satan was the sin of independence and self-exaltation.
7. Satan is said to have been upon the Holy Mountain of God as the Anointed Cherub that covereth, and appears to have been the great High Priest of his realm.
8. Satan also appears to have been the highest angel and therefore the king over his creation.
9. He was perfect in all his ways, and apparently continued so for a length of time.
Satan abused his high office of prophet, priest, and king. God created Adam to function as a prophet, priest, and king.
10. The Lord Jesus Christ came forth from the Godhead to become a member of the human race and to fulfill all three functions: prophet, priest, and king.
It was necessary first to put away the iniquity of those who should be saved. This He came into the world to do by the sacrifice of Himself.
He will come to earth a second time to claim the power from the hands of Satan, and after casting Satan into prison, the Lord will bring back the creation to purity and order.
Robert R. McLaughlin Bible Ministries
All Rights Reserved
Robert R. McLaughlin 2001